After polishing @t0neg0d 's SkyDome to create SkyControl, I’m thinking about setting my sights on tonegodGUI. I’ve created a fork, and I’ve got to compile with jME 3.1. Before I proceed, I’m curious if anyone else is actively using tonegodGUI in a project. If there is, that would definitely influence my plans for it going forward.
I have my own fork of this
There are at least two forks of tonegod out there which at least have 3.1 capability I guess, @roroah has one on github and another one, but they aren’t active (I added an Issue to one of both with a small fix and it didn’t get an reply within months), iirc.
Personally I use a mix of jme’s builtin gui, tonegod and lemur But I guess I will switch over to lemur mainly because I had some issues with tonegod in the 3d viewport.
Are you willing to freely license your forked version, or is it proprietary?
My fork is based on meltzow’s, which is supposedly more advanced than roroah’s.
I’d like to learn more about the issues you added/encountered.
I have no any limits on my forks of toneg0d projects…
Currently, I focus on the toneg0d.emitter… about the toneg0d.gui project, I just support working on jme 3.1
I have my own fork as well. I have done same changes to it even though I still have no clear road map to where I am going, I am still understanding what has been done.
Hi, I’m currently using tonegodGUI in my project. I started this project some years ago and tonegodGUI was simpler and better for my project than niftyGUI. Once I finish my project (I hope soon…) for the next one I probably try lemur.
It could be that I added it to roroah’s repo and they diabled issues.
Anyhow it was something related to layouts and I don’t remember that exactly but for some layout or something there was some method call missing like refreshXYZ and it was there for another layout which was similar.
Something like that. Unfortunately I can’t trace that back.
Edit: I found it and it is yet another tonegod fork
Thanks for digging up that old issue for me.
I’m starting to get a picture of where things stand with tonegodgui.
I actually just found out that my games are using yet another fork of it:
Yes, it’s my fork. github.com/atomixnmc/tonegodgui
I coming back with jME3 for my next project. So there will be plenty of updates in all my repository related to jME3. I will pick up my lastest changes in local and commit them soon.
FYI: This was the only ToneGodGui fork that worked for me out of the box … when updating a project from 3.0 to 3.1.
Compiled it using gradle build, but the build finished early with errors. But … the required jar file was there in the build directory (Yay!!)
To implement …
I just had to change LabelElement to Label
label.getFont(bitmapFont) to label.getFont(fontLocatorString).
I thought this info might help someone else.
Good going Atomixnmc … and thanks.
Making ToneGodGUI more portable is on my to-do list, along with making it compile and jdoc without any diagnostics…
I’m actually rewriting my current game to use tonegodgui after failing miserably with Nifty, so I’m interested too!
I’d love to get my hands on the javadoc. It didn’t compile with the jar. Prolly because of the errors that happened when the build script was run.
I’ve cleared all the javadoc errors, but not all the warnings. You can take a look, if you want:
The ‘master’ branch currently targets jME 3.0, but seems to work with jME 3.1. I haven’t touched the ‘3.1’ branch.
I could not compile it with “gradle build”. It seems it can’t find the dependencies, which I find strange. I thought they were commonly available … but then again … I’m a gradle noob anyway. I can do a manual compile in Netbeans with the source code. Thanks for that link.
Here is the output I got from the gradle build command:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393] (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\alfin\Desktop\tonegodgui-master-gold>gradle build Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster) :compileJava FAILED FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':compileClasspath'. > Could not find com.jme3:jme3-core:3.0.10. Searched in the following locations: file:/C:/Users/alfin/.m2/repository/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.pom file:/C:/Users/alfin/.m2/repository/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.jar https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.pom https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.jar http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/maven/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.pom http://updates.jmonkeyengine.org/maven/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.jar https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.pom https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/jme3/jme3-core/3.0.10/jme3-core-3.0.10.jar Required by: project : * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. BUILD FAILED Total time: 3 mins 7.816 secs
com.jme3 is not our group ID.
It’s org.jmonkeyengine like in all of the posted examples.
I’m still at the trial-and-error stage when it comes to Gradle.
I’ve updated my fork on GitHub to clarify the migration route from 3.0 to 3.1.
Still plenty of warnings to deal with…