Anyone willing to...?

Hey all…

Anyone willing to try out the game I put together for android? I’m just interested in how it runs on different devices and whether or not the scaling worked out okay.

It’s a fairly straight forward solitaire game… I didn’t spend a ton of time putting it together, because it was supposed to be more of a learning experience than anything else.

You can grab the APK here (don’t really want to put this out on the PlayStore):

tonegodemitter - Browse Files at SourceForge.net?

Anyways… let me know if you are able to give it a try and how it went.

Thanks!

Allview 3 Speed Quad (weird name i know): Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, CPU Cortex A7 QUAD Core, GPU PowerVR SGX544 MP2, 1GB Ram. Tablet.

Runs great, scaling worked, lol, longer the device description then the actual review. Gotta say you should have left the jme3 stats on, that way we would of know for certain whats what.

1 Like
@Setekh said: Allview 3 Speed Quad (weird name i know): Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, CPU Cortex A7 QUAD Core, GPU PowerVR SGX544 MP2, 1GB Ram. Tablet.

Runs great, scaling worked, lol, longer the device description then the actual review. Gotta say you should have left the jme3 stats on, that way we would of know for certain whats what.

Thanks for this. I’ll update the apk to display the stats. I didn’t really think about that (was thinking it would be distracting while playing). But, would have been best for this, for sure.

bump… because I can.

Tested it on my nexus 4 (1280/700 something).
It’s working great, but menus are quite small making it hard to tap on them.
It takes quite a long time to load, you should put a splash screen (I guess that’s because i’s just a test).
Also I had a crash when launching it for the second time. I had to kill the app for it to work properly again.
The crash is a NPE somewhere in your GUI lib as it looks like (can’t paste the stack trace unfortunately).
tongod.gui.core.Element Element.java:203.

It doesn’t mean that’s an issue on your side, the android activity life cycle is kind of a mess and I remember having this kind of issues with stack 3D. I went the blunt rout at the time and forced the app to be killed when leaving it and it avoided weird issues like that.

1 Like
@nehon said: It doesn't mean that's an issue on your side, the android activity life cycle is kind of a mess and I remember having this kind of issues with stack 3D. I went the blunt rout at the time and forced the app to be killed when leaving it and it avoided weird issues like that.

Yeh I had to do the same, System.exit(0). It seemed alright, if you waited a minute or 2 before reopening for what ever was running to die off

I have found a more drastic way, that was properly killing the app.
android.os.Process.killProcess(android.os.Process.myPid());

This works pretty well, and you don’t have to wait to restart the app. But again…that’s the blunt way of handling the issue.

2 Likes

ah right, cool I will look into that, thanks :slight_smile:

@nehon said: Tested it on my nexus 4 (1280/700 something). It's working great, but menus are quite small making it hard to tap on them. It takes quite a long time to load, you should put a splash screen (I guess that's because i's just a test). Also I had a crash when launching it for the second time. I had to kill the app for it to work properly again. The crash is a NPE somewhere in your GUI lib as it looks like (can't paste the stack trace unfortunately). tongod.gui.core.Element<init> Element.java:203.

It doesn’t mean that’s an issue on your side, the android activity life cycle is kind of a mess and I remember having this kind of issues with stack 3D. I went the blunt rout at the time and forced the app to be killed when leaving it and it avoided weird issues like that.

Yeah… this line is actually calling new BitmapFont. It resolves to the same issue others have reported on android. But, like you said, it’s likely the app being loaded while the OpenGLContext is still being created. Looking forward to 3.1, as it has been resolved (from what I was told)! Yay! Also, looking forward to the new audio engine.

Thanks so much for running this. It’s hard to know what will happen on different devices and it’s good to get a (small if nothing else) idea of what will happen. =)

EDIT: Just re-read that last line. I’ll try this and see if it resolves the issue when loading a second time.

Oh… does anyone know a way around the loading issue for the time being?

Had a crash when launching it. I uploaded an album of screenshots:

It didnt run the first time, ran the second time, and didnt the third, I took the screenshots the third time.

The time it did run, tge text scaling was a little small compared to other mobile games, but it wasnt hard to press.

Htc one

1 Like
@8Keep123 said: Had a crash when launching it. I uploaded an album of screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/8Bj68

It didnt run the first time, ran the second time, and didnt the third, I took the screenshots the third time.

The time it did run, tge text scaling was a little small compared to other mobile games, but it wasnt hard to press.

Htc one

Interesting how random the problems are. This is what I reported, then found out it had already been fixed for 3.1

When it did run, did all run without hitch?

Hey,

i tested it too on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
800 x 480 and the cards are over the others sometimes.
Heres a screenshot:

The rest oft the game works correctly =)

1 Like

When i got it to run, it may have been me turning my device a little too much, but:

Imgur
Imgur

The background kind of got messed up. I know how to play solitare, but this was kind of confusing for me so i just clicked on stuff a bunch and eventually that window showed up showing my progress or seomthing. It was wayyyy too small.

1 Like