Applying children to nodes

Hello,

I have a scene with two objects.

Both have their transformation matrices and both are in global space (attached to rootNode).

Both objects are rotated, translated and scaled.

I want to make one of them a child of the other but when I do that, its position changes.

What should I do not to make any visual changes ? Is there any mechanism in jme that does that or shall I

do it myself changing the matrices in the appropriate way ??

Cheers,

Kaelthas

It occurs because of its world translation. Then you have to subtract the world translation by local translation.

[java]Math.max(child.getWorldTranslation(), child.getLocalTranslation()) - Math.min(child.getWorldTranslation(), child.getLocalTranslation())[/java]

glaucomardano said:
It occurs because of its world translation. Then you have to subtract the world translation by local translation.

[java]Math.max(child.getWorldTranslation(), child.getLocalTranslation()) - Math.min(child.getWorldTranslation(), child.getLocalTranslation())[/java]

Sorry :D. I really was sleepy to say something like that. I wanted say this :

After the child has changed of parent :

[java]
float locx = Math.max(child.getLocalTranslation().x, child.getWorldTranslation().x);
float locy = Math.max(child.getLocalTranslation().y, child.getWorldTranslation().y);
float locz = Math.max(child.getLocalTranslation().z, child.getWorldTranslation().z);
child.setLocalTranslation(new Vector3f(locx, locy, locz));
[/java]

Imagine a pregnant, if she moves, her baby moves also :). The child's world translation is same its parent's world translation.