(April 2020) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

I was looking to build a pc a few weeks back and saw the new ones are 512 gb. You would think that eventually things will reach a point where this and other things will no longer matter but based off my experiences, no matter how big, fast or expensive it gets, its still a doorstop in 5 years…

The machine I do JME development on is from April 2011… the year I started Mythruna development. It’s a 6 core AMD and I recently upgraded the RAM to 12 GB (But I have RAM to bring it up to 16). It’s still working fine for me.

I’ve upgraded the graphics card at least once because the old one died, though. That seems to be the other long term limiter these days.

Also note: it’s still running Windows 7 so my experience might be different with a newer Windows OS.

I am just starting to upgrade my computer because now that the new chips are out, they old ones are getting real cheap. Same goes for video and sound. Had to wait 6 years to do it but for around 500 can have a screaming banshee just by upgrades.

1 Like

For me, the max memory is the limiter on these two Mythruna machines. I’d have to upgrade the motherboard to do better and at that point, I might as well just buy a bunch of new parts for all the hassle of swapping a mother board.

1 Like

Yes, I still want to add some ‘quality of life’ features (a recent location list in the open file modal, a reload button, …) to make it more user friendly. But the bulk of the work is done. I’ll put it on my github when done.

I have a viewport to display the coordinate axes in the bottom left. I use an ‘overlay’ viewport to display the center location (0, 0, 0), skeleton debug lines etc, …
And then there is the editor viewport, that displays the loadad model. I guess I could have reused the main viewport of JME for this.

6 Likes

you could make his armor even more metallic, so probe would give nice effect.

1 Like

Awesome!
@Pspeed, once he finishes it, you should add some pics of it to the Lemur site! It would be a great showoff.

Bunch of house models for my game :wink:

Models are converted from gltf using JmeConvert tool and a processor added to generate the model icon upon export.

17 Likes

Hooked up Spix TransformWidget into my editor and got a Blender like dragging for free :wink:

13 Likes

Found a cool rain filter effect on ShaderToy, and decided to port it to JME.

Original: Shader - Shadertoy BETA

Mine:

19 Likes

I thought spix was dead. Great that there’s at least some use for it :slight_smile:.

Leap Game
Play now: Game Jolt - Games for the love of it

I’ve been producing content fast, so my game has prospects to be a full game.
Content production is the main goal right now.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur
Looking down from a tall building.

7 Likes

Developer’s update on my never ending space game build.

12 Likes

I added a new demo to Minie:

15 Likes

Is only the force transferred so that the balls in the center stay there? That would be neat.

2 Likes

thats a nice game you are doing :slight_smile:

reminds me X4 somehow. But trully i hope there is more progress hidden there.

That was my goal, but I quit tuning before I got it perfect.

https://github.com/stephengold/Minie/blob/054097b1eaffa5fc74bc4fd1474ed32b33646dec/MinieExamples/src/main/java/jme3utilities/minie/test/NewtonsCradle.java

Leap
Version 0.0.205 out now.

Check it out!

Stadium area added:

Imgur

3 Likes

That was just a short video of the update that links multiple game scenes together and a short view of the shipyard. There are tons of things other vids covered … here are a few past screen shots

18 Likes

nice :slight_smile:

well in x4 for example each station have “modules”, while on ships you just select equipment

Your ship construction is imo better than theirs, because allow more freedom but idk if you allow constructing own starbases from modules too or you got other idea.

but well, i hope it will be just a different game since game clones usually dont go well.

Longer time ago played Freelancer and imo its a classic with a good story/music/etc, different from x4, but also similar in some ways, but it was very nice game. Maybe make piracy roleplay more improved, because in both of this space piracy is not well done imo. Freelancer was nice in story and fights, while X games more like managing fleets/starbases rather than fighting itself. So hope you have something to bring attention.

let the force be with u :slight_smile:

1 Like