(April 2020) Monthly WIP Screenshot Thread

Nothing fancy…

Just finished working on my polygonal navigation shape editor.

Exported shapes then will be feed into my “DaedalusNavigationSystem” which is backed by GitHub - totologic/daedalus-lib: Dynamic pathfinding in dynamic environment library

12 Likes

Made a few new guns for my platformer

3 Likes

I am working on the starbase construction code right now. It will be similar to the ship construction but with starbase parts.

3 Likes

I recently decided to cut Nifty from my project to use Lemur instead, so my game has been unable to launch while I’m working to fix everything with the menus.

The last thing I was working on was some AI functionality for a questline about rescuing Foxes. Once rescued from their cage, these foxes will follow the player around to assist in combat, and they may also do key things (like standing on a switch) if you bring them to the correct place.

15 Likes

I don’t know what I’m actually showing off in this image - this is 20,000,000 triangles in one mesh sitting on the terrain.
Road is generated through an AStar search from one terrain corner to the other and then joined together as a CatmullRom spline. Random cubes are placed around (not on the road) and ‘some form of grass’ is large mesh.

A side note: the terrain visuals and collision still don’t match (3.3.0 stable)

11 Likes

Some time ago I showed several screenshots with Stone Golem’s minion. Now we have a video.

16 Likes

Random stuff with JME… :wink:

13 Likes

Skullstone is a game that truly shows off the graphical capabilities of jME3, amazing job!

2 Likes

@Ali_RS this is so beautifull scene :d i like it , you have your own nice style. good job!

@Murph9 you said it have 20,000,000 triangles, wow thats a lot.
have you thought doing terrain “spikes” by some shader technique? it would cause you have 20k not 20kk triangles.

@ItsMike54 Not really, Skullstone is very nice game and reminds me other games that are not produced anymore (at least one i seen like 3-5 years ago).

But the fact is Skullstone is nice polished game. Its not using best graphic capabilities, im not even sure if it use PBR, since i dont see metallic/etc there. But its always more about gameplay. Graphic is nice, then its enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I hope you got my point, I haven’t seen a more professional game yet made with jme :slightly_smiling_face:

no you said something different :wink: “truly shows off the graphical capabilities of jME3” and thats what i just refer to.

But if this was your point, then is ok. Skullstone looks nice that we all agree.(i hope)

2 Likes

We don’t use PBR, because we are stick to JME 3.1 and made a lot of assets that used old rendering, before PBR was introduced. In other hand, we have some custom things which are not present in JME. Anyway, it is still JME and we are proud of it.

7 Likes

You should be. It looks really nice and I always look forward to seeing your updates.

4 Likes

like above comment, it looks nice, same like @Ali_RS game looks nice too.

you should be proud of it. I imagine if you would want switch to 3.3, then a lot of things would need change and thats too much work when you have a lot of assets and custom shaders / etc.

There are a lot of games that use high-end graphics, but are boring and unplayable. So i agree you do well, no need PBR or anything like this here, just nice assets and good gameplay :slight_smile: (like you do)

2 Likes

@oxplay2 Oh yeah its not sustainable or even what i plan on doing, i just wanted to see what the maximum was.
The other things in the view are the plan.

2 Likes

oh sorry then, i misunderstood you(that it was just stresstest) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My students (six kids in the age of 10-12) participated in a local game jam - creating a game in 48 hours and we manged to create a nice 3D game with JME3 as the graphics engine behind the scenes. Here is the playlist of all then games submitted (ours is the 3D game where the knight needs to rescue the princess :slight_smile: )

15 Likes

I have made some changes to the look of my multiple player battle game.

11 Likes

@ndebruyn, I’ve been a bit interested in your progress with this. There are not many 2D games with with jME (because its 3D engine), so maybe would you consider doing a 2D game-making tutorial at some point? Since most people start with two-dimensional games and since doing one with jME isn’t that easy, I thought maybe you should try doing one.

1 Like

Hi @ItsMike54, thanks for the interest.
Well I will see what I can do but time is not in my favor now.

1 Like