ARMonkeyEngine - Will be released!

Hello guys!!! I’m Julian Lamprea. One of developers of ARMonkeyEngine.

Due to many requests that I have received about the source code and documentation of this framework, Jonny Alexander and I have dedided to release the source code.

This project will be released at Monday 15 of November. Besides, we will prepare some documentation, tests and examples.

We are pleased to release this framework. It will be under GPL Licence and we hope you to contribute to this project.

Wait for this release soon!!!

Cool! Is this it?

http://code.google.com/p/armonkeyengine/

Also I’m curious how this framework will be different from the ARMonkeyKit:

http://code.google.com/p/armonkeykit/

Hi erlend_sh. The main diference is in the implementation of the tracking system and Video System

For Tracking, NyARToolkit uses a pure Java version of ARToolkit, while our framework is implemented with ARToolkitPlus. This implementation is in C++ and we use JNI to call native code.

For Video capture, NyARToolkit uses JMF or QTJava, while ARMonkeyEngine capture video with the original library for video that use ARToolkit, which is more easy to configure, just a two DLL’s or SO are needed to capture video from any video camera, and with our framework, we has created a ImageSource interface, which is a common interface for diferent video sources. We has tested with USB Cameras, IP Cameras, and with mpg video file and all work very good.

In the documentation that will be released with the framework we will to explain more features about ARMonkeyEngine.

For a while, you can look a features of ARToolkitPlus.

Alright great, that sounds like all the reason we need to keep two options around, thanks for the explanation. All that’s left for me to do then is wish you @jalejo08 and @jonalvc (back) to our forum!

Keep in mind that jME2 is no longer officially supported by the developers, though they do have a lot of knowledge about it still. I have to ask though; have you by any chance considered porting your framework to work with jMonkeyEngine 3?

Yes we will back to the forums!!

When we create this framework (august 2009) the current version of jME was 2, but Yes, of course, we will to port this framework to jMonkeyEngine 3 soon!!

jalejo08 said:
Ye we will back to the forums!!
When we create this framework (august 2009) the current version of jME was 2, but Yes, of course, we will to port this framework to jMonkeyEngine 3 soon!!
Oh, sweet! When you said you were going to "release the source code" I figured that meant you would merely open up the work you've done with jME2. Don't get me wrong, that alone is a great contribution, but I think you'll understand that we're especially excited about any project that involves jME3 :)

Yes, the project is currently implemented with jME2, tomorrow I’ll put the code in SVN

We will to port to jME3 as soon as possible!!

Hi. is ready… the source code is public!!

Read this post about it

ARMonkeyEngine for JME3 please