Asset not found in exported exe file

Hi I exported my jme project to a windows.exe file. Now when I execute my exe file I get an asset no found error. Apparently it isn’t able to find an .obj file. While in the IDE I have no problems. Did I forgot a certain option ?

After you’ve compiled, everything in the dist/ folder has to be distributed with the .exe file. Except of course the readme.txt.

yeah if you select the windows option in the properties you get a zip file with all those jars. Though it did not help. My solution now is that I replaced all obj files with j3o objects. That seemed to do the trick. Though very strange .obj files didn’t get included in the assets.jar file.

Just read the manual, as you are supposed to convert the models to j3o format it would be pretty silly to keep the obj files in there too right?

@normen. I though obj files were a valid alternative. With the manual do you mean the documentation or the book ?

I mean the manual that the start screen tells you about and that you can open by pressing F1.

1 Like

Also, I don’t know of any game that ships its models in an interchange format.

Wurm online, actually has that in its jar (, or had back when i played it and tried to write a bot for it ^^)

@Empire Phoenix said: Wurm online, actually has that in its jar (, or had back when i played it and tried to write a bot for it ^^)

Wurm Online, the best example for somebody misunderstanding how to write a game ^^

1 Like

While i tent to agree, at least he finished and and earns money with it, something most of us cannot say they do :slight_smile:

@Empire Phoenix said: While i tent to agree, at least he finished and and earns money with it, something most of us cannot say they do :)

Yeah, I guess wurm should have been his first try and then he should have started again to implement it properly :wink:

@Ojtwist said: yeah if you select the windows option in the properties you get a zip file with all those jars. Though it did not help. My solution now is that I replaced all obj files with j3o objects. That seemed to do the trick. Though very strange .obj files didn't get included in the assets.jar file.

You can control which files are included in the assets.jar by editing your project’s nbproject/project.properties file to change the assets.excludes property.

For instance, the default value for this property contains the substring “**/*.obj,”. If you delete that substring, then the next time you build assets.jar, OBJ files will be included.

1 Like