aStar pathfinder with jme

Hi again,

i want to show you my recent work with jME, a study project in AI.

I used the flag rush tutorial series by mojomonkey as base project. The terrain is generated by an fault formation fractal heightmap, then a pathfinding graph for that terrain is calculated and then a path to the flag is calculated with an A-Star pathfinding algorithmus.

The bike will then follow this path until it reaches the flag, then the flag will be moved, and a new path will be searched.

here you can find the projects source and some more infos:

http://neoberserker.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=1795

here the direct download link for the executeable one-jar:

http://neoberserker.de/ftp/ftp2/knecht/pathfinding_sebastian_mueller.jar

Hotkeys:

[*:88885]x  -  turn autopilot on/off
    [*:88885]w,a,s,d  - drive the bike manual (speed up, left, right, slow down)
    [*:88885]v  -  switch camera (third person / overview)
    [*:88885]c  -  save a screenshot
    [*:88885]Space  - move flag to new position and calculate path to it

Have a lot of fun . . .
Sebastian

have not looked at the source yet but how understandable is the code to someone…me who doesn't know a word of German

mcbeth said:

have not looked at the source yet but how understandable is the code to someone...........me who doesn't know a word of German

just found out for myself  :'( the comments are in german damn.............still nice though

Thanks for sharing this. Really nice.

mcbeth said:

mcbeth said:

have not looked at the source yet but how understandable is the code to someone...........me who doesn't know a word of German

just found out for myself  :'(

the variable names are english, the comments are in german.

first, the builder of the pathfinding graph look at de.neoberserker.aStar.graph.GraphBuilder. The cluster it generates will then be processed by the de.neoberserker.aStar.pathfinder.AstarPathfinder class.

All this is done by the de.neoberserker.aStar.pathfinder.PathfinderManager class (it let build the graph, and give the cluster to the aStar).

So, if you interested in pathfinding, thats all you need.
knecht said:

mcbeth said:

mcbeth said:

just found out for myself  :'(

the variable names are english, the comments are in german.

first, the builder of the pathfinding graph look at de.neoberserker.aStar.graph.GraphBuilder. The cluster it generates will then be processed by the de.neoberserker.aStar.pathfinger.AstarPathfinder class.

All this is done by the de.neoberserker.aStar.pathfinder.PathfinderManager class (it let build the graph, and give the cluster to the aStar).

So, if you interested in pathfinding, thats all you need.

thanks for the info very helpful

one question, doesn't  always reject areas that seem impossibly steep how do u go about doing that

nice work… thanks for sharing :smiley:

mcbeth said:

one question, doesn't  always reject areas that seem impossibly steep how do u go about doing that

if there is no route possible (graph that is return == null) a new destination is set and a new path will be calculated (while true loop)

or what in detail do you mean?