Blender animations not playing well on jme3

[video]jme3 wrestler - YouTube
Well apparently ,my animations are playing okay in blender and somehow they don’t appear right when the model is imported into jme3. I have included 3 videos ,one is where the animations are playing in blender ,in is where the animations are playing in jme3 and the other shows the painted weights of the model. If you look at the jme3 animations ,the model is punching sideways instead of towards the central axes of the model and it is the same for the kick. If you look at the blender animations ,my animations are punching towards the central axis as expected.
I would appreciate any help on how I can correct this cause it’s no use if my model will punch sideways instead of towards the target.

I guess you need to export to ogre. Blender exporter does not support IK for example.

Here is example which works ok: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26887202/123/jme_blender/characterOgre26.zip

And the exporter for blender is here: http://code.google.com/p/blender2ogre/source/browse/io_export_ogreDotScene.py

Yep, you were right ,plus it appears some of the model’s weights werent properly assigned which is a good thing cause the ogre exporter gives you feedback. Thanks

You don’t have to export using ogre, you can just bake your animations as the tutorials tell you to anyway. Thats what the ogre exporter does. @mifth wanted to look into writing a script for blender so we can do this when converting models using blender.

@normen said: You don't have to export using ogre, you can just bake your animations as the tutorials tell you to anyway. Thats what the ogre exporter does. @mifth wanted to look into writing a script for blender so we can do this when converting models using blender.

Sorry for late responce. I was a bit busy. Could you describe a task (what the script should do) so that i started coding it.

@mifth said: Sorry for late responce. I was a bit busy. Could you describe a task (what the script should do) so that i started coding it.

Sure, it should check the model for compatibility with the engine and bake things if necessary. But we already talked about this a few times, I didn’t really expect anything coming from that anymore.

@normen said: Sure, it should check the model for compatibility with the engine and bake things if necessary. But we already talked about this a few times, I didn't really expect anything coming from that anymore.

Ok, what exactly it should bake and what cercumstances should be to bake this? I can try doing this. :slight_smile:

@mifth said: Ok, what exactly it should bake and what cercumstances should be to bake this? I can try doing this. :)

Things that are not compatible (and that the script found to be not compatible), basically everything thats not rot/loc based bone animation, color, specular or normal maps.

@normen said: Things that are not compatible (and that the script found to be not compatible), basically everything thats not rot/loc based bone animation, color, specular or normal maps.

Ok, i’ll try to do something.