Blender package (com.jm3.scene.plugins.blender) is missing

Hey guys,

I’m trying to import some models out of *.blend files - But somehow the according package is missing on my system. :smiley:

Because of the name ([…].plugins.blender), I looked at the available plugins list, but there isn’t any plugin called “Blender Import” or something like that (All of my downloaded plugins are activated).

Is there a way I can download and add this package to the SDK? Or was it too buggy and was therefore removed from the release version?

With best regards,

destro :slight_smile:

EDIT: The conversion to *.j3o-files works (the materials not really, but the model is imported correctly) - But It would be nice to have the possibility to directly use the *.blend files as assets.

Nobody else had this problem? Maybe a new installation would help.

or a forum search?

@zarch said:
Blender importer is certainly present and working fine on latest nightly. I'm not sure about on the beta.

The importer works in the OP's case. He's trying to load blender models directly in his app which I believe adding another jar to the dependencies of his app.

@normen

I actually searched it, but found nothing comparable - Even with Google, stackoverflow etc… :wink:

@zarch

Hm, this could be possible - I’ll try it and edit the result (I thought I had activated the nightly builds, but it seems they’re not :D).

EDIT@pspeed: DIdn’t see your answer, you were a few second too late :smiley: The nightly build plugins are currently downloading, but I’ll try if I find the according *.jar file and add it to the project libraries - Thanks for your hint. :slight_smile:

EDIT²: Adding the nightly build plugins didn’t work, the package is still missing. Moreover, there isn’t an according library (under “Libraries”->“Add Library…”) - Do you know if this is a seperate *.jar file and where it is available?

Otherwise, the conversion to *.j3o is no big deal and it works (I still have a little problem with the ambient light and the material, but this is another topic), so everything’s fine (But as I said, it would be nice to do this step automatically).

Blender importer is certainly present and working fine on latest nightly. I’m not sure about on the beta.

Yes, when you said “import” I misunderstood that as wanting to convert the file from blender to j3o. Can I ask why you are wanting to load the blender files directly?

@destroflyer said:
EDIT²: Adding the nightly build plugins didn't work, the package is still missing. Moreover, there isn't an according library (under "Libraries"->"Add Library...") - Do you know if this is a seperate *.jar file and where it is available?
Otherwise, the conversion to *.j3o is no big deal and it works (I still have a little problem with the ambient light and the material, but this is another topic), so everything's fine (But as I said, it would be nice to do this step automatically).

Hmmm...in my version of the SDK (a little older) when I go to the Libraries node of my project and say "Add Library..." I see jme3-libraries-blender as one of the options.

Ok, now, after a new installation and again downloading of the nightly build etc. etc. there is the mentioned “jm3-libraries-blender” - I don’t know what was the problem, but it seems to be fixed. :smiley: With this library added, the package exists in the code. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your help, pspeed!

The library isn’t part of the default library set because its not platform independent and its generally a bad idea using blend files in a game directly.