Changes in modelloader?

Hi, me again :slight_smile:

I just installed some updates from jme and now it gives me a NullPointerException when I load the game or when I try to convert the model to .j3o manually. Also when I double click on the moddelMesh.xml file I get a window, that I’ve never seen before, I can set Mesh and LOD options in it. Here is the NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jme3.math.Vector3f.set(Vector3f.java:154)

at com.jme3.animation.Bone.setBindTransforms(Bone.java:440)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.SkeletonLoader.endElement(SkeletonLoader.java:161)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:601)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1782)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2938)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.SkeletonLoader.load(SkeletonLoader.java:257)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.SkeletonLoader.load(SkeletonLoader.java:276)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:239)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:283)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.MeshLoader.startSkeleton(MeshLoader.java:539)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.MeshLoader.startElement(MeshLoader.java:611)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:501)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:179)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:377)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2755)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)

at com.jme3.scene.plugins.ogre.MeshLoader.load(MeshLoader.java:808)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:239)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:375)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadModel(DesktopAssetManager.java:385)

at mygame.Player.createCharacter(Player.java:57)

at mygame.Player.(Player.java:42)

at mygame.Main.simpleInitApp(Main.java:50)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.initialize(SimpleApplication.java:218)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:136)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:193)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

the “fault” he gives, that is in my code is the simple code of the loader

model = (Node) gamePointer.getAssetManager().loadModel(“Models/CBoy/cubeboyMesh.mesh.xml”);

Could it be my model isn’t “good” anymore? With that I mean the bones etc… I already made a new ogre export but it didn’t work.

It was working fine yesterday :confused:

Same here, something broke in the current svn.

Ok there is an issue with revision 6807 and 6808.

The bone scaling is now stored in the bone, but the ogre loader pass a null vector if the bone has no scale.

revert these revision for a temporary work around.

I’ll fix that tonight, defaulting the scale vector to 1,1,1 should work.

This should be fixed in last revision, could you check and report back please?

I’m working with JMP and when I check for updates it says there aren’t any… I’m checking from the help menu and from Tools → plugin → reload catalog… I’m doing something wrong, ain’t it?:stuck_out_tongue:

Read the manual on updating (press F1 key to open it)

I did that, and it isn’t giving me any updates :frowning:

could it be that it takes a while for jmp to find the updates?

Oh ok if you don’t use directly the svn, you’ll have to wait till tomorrow for the nightly build to be available.

Yep, working again. Thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks!