Chase Camera

I am building a chase camera for a airplane model that I loaded. Now I can get the chase camera to work with a simple box but it won't work for the airplane and I am implementing it the same. I think my problem has something to do with the bounding box. My code is below with the box commented out, but like I said that works. The error message is a null pointer. If someone could help me figure this out that would be great  :?

Node plane = load3DS("f-15.3DS");
          plane.setModelBound(new BoundingBox());
          plane.updateModelBound();

//        Box b = new Box("box", new Vector3f(), 10f,3f,25f);
//        b.setModelBound(new BoundingBox());
//        b.updateModelBound();  

player = new Node("Player Node");
           player.setLocalTranslation(0,50,0);
           player.attachChild(plane);
           player.updateWorldBound();

objects.attachChild(player);

i guess the nullpointer excepion happens at:

plane.setModelBound(new BoundingBox());

?

Maybe the model you try to load is not found, try to use the ResourceLocator to load the model.

Yes that is where it happens, but I know the model is found. When I load it just by itself it shows up, but the moment I add the chase camera it does the null pointer.

can you reproduce the problem in a small testcase with a model that comes with jme?

I'm having the exact same problem… Loading a model from 3DS, showing the object with no camera and then making a null pointer exception in the line where I call getWorldBound(), because it's null and I haven't forgotten to update the world bound when I loaded the model… I have the feeling that, as the model is passed as a Node, it has to do with that…

As Core-Dump asked "can you reproduce the problem in a small testcase with a model that comes with jme?"

I use 3DS models and a chase camera all the time with no problemos, the best way for ppl to help you is to show a SMALL test case (look at the SimpleGame tests that come with jME)…

Sorry this took me so long to post back this project is taking forever. I ended up using the third person handler like off of the testAdvanceVehicle example. Thanks for posting though.