ChaseCamera BUG

Hey all…

Just wanted to mention that ChaseCamera.setZoomSensitivity() has no effect on the speed (distance) of the zoom per wheel delta.

I have this working in the OSRViewPort I wrote for the GUI library I put together, if that would be helpful. However, I am bypassing the InputManager altogether in that case.

Let me know if it would still be helpful.

Actually, there is another bug as well.

When you reach the minimum distance set for the ChaseCamera, the maximum vertical rotation is no longer taken into account.

1 honestly i don’t remember what zoomsensitivity was supposed to do. There are so much things in this chaseCam, that it became a real mess. could you post a patch?
2 is a feature. so that the cam becomes some kind of first person cam when you completely zoom in.

I think I should completely rewrite this cam… it’s based on crappy math and it’ would be 10 times lighter based on nodes…

I can confirm the issue.
ZoomSensitivity is a step to zoom when a user scrolls with a mouse (middle button scroller).

At present, zoomSensitivity has no effect. It’s always has the same value.

@nehon said: 1 honestly i don't remember what zoomsensitivity was supposed to do. There are so much things in this chaseCam, that it became a real mess. could you post a patch? 2 is a feature. so that the cam becomes some kind of first person cam when you completely zoom in.

I think I should completely rewrite this cam… it’s based on crappy math and it’ would be 10 times lighter based on nodes…

1. Let me take a look and see what the problem is. I know the methods that are supposed to be trigger via the mouse wheel work… Something is getting lost along the way I’ll post a patch as soon as I am able.
  2. Ya know… I used this for just that. I still thought it was a bug though, because I figured it would be toggle-able if intended. It’s actually a very useful feature. However… I think it still keeps the minimum vertical rotation locked to the set parameter.

A small request, if this ends up getting rewritten. Would it be possible to get a paired down version for static (non-moving) scenes? An Orbital Cam basically. I find myself using this camera for this purpose quite often. Actually… more than any other.

@nehon
Might be quicker for me just to post the fix…

Line 300 zoomSpeed needs to be replaced with zoomSensitivity

And that’ll fix it.

Thanks I’ll try that

I’ve committed a fix, indeed zoomSpeed was just used there and there was no API to change it.
Now it works fine thanks!

2 Likes