CI build trigger for jmp-contributions

Is the jmp-contributions only built when the SDK nightly builds? I’m waiting to see the output of my module build but it doesn’t seem to start :slight_smile:

Ah. Yeah it is but you can PM me and I can trigger a build. Will do that now :slight_smile:

Thanks. That got me a step further in fixing my modules :slight_smile:

But why is it like that? I’d suggest building the contrib repo every hour (if there is a change in VCS) instead of waiting for something totally unrelated happening in the SDK.

@jmaasing said:
Thanks. That got me a step further in fixing my modules :)

But why is it like that? I'd suggest building the contrib repo every hour (if there is a change in VCS) instead of waiting for something totally unrelated happening in the SDK.

Totally unrelated? There has to be a version of the SDK libraries to build the plugins :)

Well, yes, when you put it like that :slight_smile:

But I meant there could be a lot of changes stacked up in the contrib-repo that will not be built until something changes in the SDK and that change has nothing to do with downstream changes. When I commit changes to the contrib repo I do so against the current SDK, not the next version, so there is a version of the SDK to build against. Whether there is a binary on the build server to link against is another matter.

Maybe this setup: SDK-build publishes it’s binaries in a directory. The contrib-build always build against what is published in that directory. If contrib-repo builds by the hour (or whatever interval) it will not be that long until a SDK change propagates to the contrib build.

No, its built every night, also if there were no changes in the nightly of jme.

Oh, sorry, a faulty assumption on my side :roll: