com.jme3.system.JmeVersion.FULL_NAME

The repository has FULL_NAME = “jMonkeyEngine 3.0.0 RC2”;
Shouldn’t this be bumped up to something like “jMonkeyEngine 3.0.1”?

Fixed at r10829. Thank you, @Pspeed!

Fixed in the 3.0final branch anyway. It would be nice if the trunk builds didn’t identify themselves as “jMonkeyEngine 3.0.0 RC2″. I find that just as confusing.

I’ve fixed it to say generically 3.x

Someday maybe I will fix this to be done differently so that it can properly be dependent on the build itself and so more accurate.

1 Like

Thanks again.

@pspeed said: I've fixed it to say generically 3.x

Someday maybe I will fix this to be done differently so that it can properly be dependent on the build itself and so more accurate.

Actuall since we build with hudson, the buildnumber & date would be avialable in the ant script, it might be an Idea to let it just write a small .txt with those somewhere. And change that field for a static method, reading the data from that file?

@Empire Phoenix said: Actuall since we build with hudson, the buildnumber & date would be avialable in the ant script, it might be an Idea to let it just write a small .txt with those somewhere. And change that field for a static method, reading the data from that file?

Yeah, the version is also available in the ant build files as a property. I’d like to write both to a text file in the core classes so that they “core engine” version and build time get written write into the jar. I do this with all of my other applications. My only hesitation has been not knowing where exactly to inject this in the JME core build… but I haven’t looked yet either.

With that we’d get both the proclaimed version and a build time available and we’d only have to change one build-related file when the proclaimed version changed. Right now we have to change a build file and code.

Note: when I updated the FULL_NAME earlier today I made the constant private and converted the using code to call a static method instead. This will make it easier to do smart things later.