[committed] Another week another missing lwjgl natives thread

I propose a small change to the Abstract game error handling that hopefully might put an end to the neverending list of "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path" questions.

I have added a page to the wiki that details how to avoid this problem, and have added an exception handler to Abstract game that displays a message pointing to this page.

Hopefully it will help ( the page may need some work, but its a start for now )

Index: AbstractGame.java
===================================================================
--- AbstractGame.java   (revision 4349)
+++ AbstractGame.java   (working copy)
@@ -255,6 +255,13 @@
                     Thread.sleep(50);
                 } catch (InterruptedException e) {
                     logger.warning( "Error waiting for dialog system, using defaults.");
+                } catch (UnsatisfiedLinkError t){
+                    if( t.getLocalizedMessage()!=null && t.getLocalizedMessage().contains("java.library.path") ){
+                   logger.severe("nnNative library not set - go to nhttp://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=no_lwjgl_in_java.library.path nfor details.");
+                    }
+                    t.printStackTrace();
+                } catch (Throwable t){
+                    t.printStackTrace();
                 }

dialogCheck = dialogRef.get();

Good! :slight_smile:

Very good idea. :slight_smile:

Sounds like a good idea to me!

As im not sure what the commit criteria is at the moment - and nobody has objected to this yet - can someone commit this for me?

JOC said:

As im not sure what the commit criteria is at the moment - and nobody has objected to this yet - can someone commit this for me?
Do you have any good reason why I shouldn't just give you developer access on google code?..

Apart from my mental instability you mean…?  :slight_smile:

JOC said:

Apart from my mental instability you mean...?  :)

Nope, not good enough.

Done! Well, tag set, but I need your e-mail if you actually want access... Sorry 'bout hijacking what's supposed to be a committer thread btw...