Contest winner video anyone?

Hey,

seeing all this awesome game material here I want to to offer doing a video for the final awards.

I’ll record the game footage myself but to make the presentation a bit more professional/exciting (and hopefully a better “advertisement” for the winning game and the nominees themselves) I’d like to ask if one of the jury members or anyone who’s into the contest has interest in doing a voiceover for such a video. Or, if you think you cannot provide for the voice/recording at least make some text that I will try to speak myself then (see that as a last resort :P). I was thinking of creating something in this direction:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-graphics-game-of-the/725229

Feel free to add some general jME3 buzz at the start :smiley:

Cheers,

Normen

3 Likes

that would be awesome :smiley: :D!!, thanks @normen, cant wait to see it ^_^, i can do the voice over, if needed, but i’m not fussed if someone else would rather do it (like yourself :D)

1 Like

That would be awesome normen!

Cool, if you got any ideas already then hit me, how should the general structure be?

Maybe somehow like this:

• jME3 Beta / Contest introduction

“Welcome to the monkey beta contest… engine in beta and ready to go… people test and show… decided to make a contest…”

• Contest rules introduction

“Contestants had two months time… same rules for all… who will prevail?”

• Contest judging areas

“We looked into not just the graphical aspects… innovative ideas count…”

• Contestants (maybe embedded with the judging areas)

“The Cove… an aquatic adventure… the toucher has been known in the forum…”

I gotta check what transitions and text passages I need. For those who want to record some overdubs, obviously I can add fancy effects like making your voice deeper for the “and the winner is” etc :wink:

As a judge I’d try and help too if you need.

1 Like
@normen said:I gotta check what transitions and text passages I need. For those who want to record some overdubs, obviously I can add fancy effects like making your voice deeper for the "and the winner is" etc ;)

Sounds like a job for the Antares Mutator ;)

I can do voices too if Wes isn't down.
1 Like

Cool, so we only need storyboard and script now :slight_smile:

this is all you need - “and the winner is… wezrule, no surprises there”

Maybe chop off a lot of the chatter and get straight to the point. The introduction part, including rules & judging areas, could be covered in the blog post (and YouTube video description). That way the video would immediately start introducing the contestants. I’m pretty much talking about this exact format:

http://www.indiedb.com/events/2011-indie-of-the-year-awards/features/ioty-players-choice-indie-of-the-year

Regardless of the format we decide on, I’m loving the idea of a voice-over. As a long time fan of the Wolfire videos, this is certainly something I would also be happy to do. My roommate who’s a sound designer could probably help me out with the recording. @wezrule is first in line though. I’m sure there will be other opportunities, he he.

my mic isn’t that good (laptop default one), but i’m still happy to do it :), unless someone else really wants to. The big problem is that i lose access to my laptop after 3rd jan, so have to do it soon. Also for all u know, my voice sounds like a rats anus :slight_smile:

@erlend_sh: do you have a psd (with layers) version of the image you did for the contest?

psd sent Normen.

@wezrule 3rd of January is a problem :frowning: It’s highly unlikely the judges will have played and marked all the submissions by that time.

i will be unavailable from 3 - 29th jan :frowning:

Here’s my proposal for the announcement script, draft 1:

Also for all u know, my voice sounds like a rats anus

muahuAHuhaUhauhA!!! MuHUAHuaha. Sorry. I could not resist xD.

w00t!

Do want to see the result normen :smiley:

Take your time to make something awesome!

I cannot make a result without a script or recorded text :confused:

@erlend_sh’s script looks fine, but we’d have to actually find out that information from the winners before we could do the voiceover :wink: I can send out a message to the winners.