Cool Spatial adding effect available somewhere?

Hello! I have a lot of spatial adding themselves while the game is running and let just say it looks weird to see everything just Pop in the world. So I was thinking: do we have any adding effect? Like the wireframe adding them one by one until its finish and then the texture is applied? Or a special texture that is applied at the model for a fews sec after the model get into the game?

Pretty sure it could be done easily, but am just wonder if anyone ever did something cool! x)

You might try adding them with a really small scale initially (say, like 0.01 or something) and then attaching gradually scaling up to full-size (maybe logarithmically) over time.

3 Likes

I was just about to suggest that very thing. +1

I love it! Gonna need to do some testing but i’ll come back when i have something x)

Add some spark to it! Everything looks more beautiful with sparkling stars and puffing cloud particles around it!!! :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

The scale thing: Set x,y,z to scale = 0.2 … and then … scale y first to 1.0 … and then … scale both x and z to 1.0!!! :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

1 Like

Or (if you have a free sky) just let them fall (maybe with a little parachute that has a hole in it or something like that) and when they hit ground with high velocity … add more sparks and puffy clouds!!! :chimpanzee_closedlaugh:

Because I’m trying to avoid real work and feel like adding unasked for information. :smile:

In Lemur’s new animation system, the above (ogli’s version) would be done with the following code:

Tween part1 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, Vector3f.ZERO, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f));
Tween part2 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f), Vector3f.UNIT_XYZ);
Tween pop = Tweens.sequence(part1, part2);
getState(AnimationState.class).add(pop, timeInSeconds);

And if that looks too linear, you can easily wrap the parts in a Tweens.smoothStep() to smooth them out a bit.

2 Likes

Yo, it’s similar, but I would make this:

Tween part1 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, Vector3f.ZERO, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f));
Tween part2 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f), new Vector3f(0.2f, 1.0f, 0.2f));
Tween part3 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, new Vector3f(0.2f, 1.0f, 0.2f), Vector3f.UNIT_XYZ);

Assuming that Y is up, which it should be in jME.

EDIT: will look good with “unshaded” material. for the other I don’t know (propably bad normals)

But the other thing from pspeed might look cool too.
Actually I would like to toy around myself with all this now.
But there is little time for such things…

You are right, I missed a step of your description… and I left a parameter out of mine.

If anyone considers this more than noise, I will post a proper version when I get back.

Dragging my feet getting started on something so I will make a correct example:

Tween part1 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, Vector3f.ZERO, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f), time1);
Tween part2 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, new Vector3f(0.2f, 0.2f, 0.2f), new Vector3f(0.2f, 1.0f, 0.2f), time2);
Tween part3 = SpatialTweens.scale(mySpatial, new Vector3f(0.2f, 1.0f, 0.2f), Vector3f.UNIT_XYZ, time3);
getState(AnimationState.class).add(Tweens.sequence(part1, part2, part3));

I always forget that the relative time is defined in the tweens themselves as my other 3 animation prototypes did it differently (and badly).

I was sure lemur was 2D only :o! Well i’ll go check it out when my git will be working again x)

O and Ogli, i get even better then sparks :stuck_out_tongue: But the parachute might be a little bit too much x)

Then again, in the same vein a space marine/orbital drop could be cool, so maybie later xD

Ps : since when do we have those cute little symbol xD :ocean::octopus::ocean:
:baby::baby_bottle: :cake::family:

No. In fact, it was 100% developed to be 3D or 2D. It is nearly its entire purpose for existing.

…and it’s interesting because I think every Lemur Gem article is a 3D example.