CVS Connection Issues

I was trying to update my code to the current repos and I keep getting a connection timeout. Is anyone else having a problem connecting to the CVS server?

yes, i had some this morning, i rechecked jme brand new.

If your using eclipse, go to your preferences -> Tools -> Cvs and increase the timout limit to 180.

That did the trick for me.

DP

Well, I am still having issues. And I have changed the timeout to 180. I am using IDEA but I have also tried to use SmartCVS and command line CVS. All cannot connect. It’s not a firewall issue or anything like that. Here is my connection string

:pserver:gdbolin@cvs.dev.java.net: /cvs

I have also tried “guest” as the user with a blank password and it sitll doesn’t work. I went ahead and downloaded the 0.8 Jar but I would really like to build the latest from CVS. So no one else is having a problem?

I used to have that problem a lot when I was on dial-up.

Are you on a slow connection?

is there supposed to be a space like you have before /cvs? Other than that and of course my user name, it’s the same string I use

"mojomonk" wrote:
I used to have that problem a lot when I was on dial-up.

Are you on a slow connection?

Nope, LAN at work. Like I said though, not a firewall issue. I don't have a problem with CVS to any other servers except cvs.dev.java.net. I can ping it which I know doens't mean much. I am an admin so my internet privie's are wide open.
"renanse" wrote:
is there supposed to be a space like you have before /cvs? Other than that and of course my user name, it's the same string I use

Space was an oops. There is no space.

I’ll try it from home tonight and see what happens.

I’d definately raise a stink with the dev.java.net guys.

"mojomonk" wrote:
I'd definately raise a stink with the dev.java.net guys.

Well, would if it wasn't just me. Unless it has to do with my usenrame/password. I can log into the site just fine though. Anyway, we'll know more after tonight. Thanks for all the help/suggestions.

just to let you know, I can not connect to dev.java.net cvs at all, either.

Hmm, no troubles here… I can connect with both WinCVS and Eclipse’s integrated cvs. Maybe some kind of routing issue? Hmm, but someone said they could ping… Could be an account issue I guess, or a firewall setting (although mine typically gets in the way and isn’t now.)

There’s an issue with java.net’s cvs. Oddly enough, only some people get the error! For example, I can get in fine, Mojo can’t…

see: https://java-net.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectForumMessageView?messageID=5798&forumID=92

Sorry about the delay on the update. I was able to finally get jme from CVS at home. I haven’t tried at work again yet. So the good news is I can finally use jME again. YEA! :slight_smile:

According to java.net, this problem has been fixed… About friggin… oh, I mean "Yay!" :stuck_out_tongue:

"renanse" wrote:
According to java.net, this problem has been fixed... About friggin... oh, I mean "Yay!" :P

No, you were right with your first instinct. About freggin time!!!!

XD true that…