(December 2016) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

So, this past week I started rewriting my physics engine from the ground up based on several years of lessons learned. This time I intend to build in ‘zones’ right from the start. Part of this was a redesign to clean a bunch of things up so it’s always exciting when it starts working again. Even kind of more exciting when I find and fix a bunch of bugs that existed in the math for a long time but only now are easy to find because of the better infrastructure.

I’m building this as part of a suite of Mythruna-related infrastructure that I may open source separately at some point. It kind of just depends on how far it goes and if it stays clean enough.

Anyway, not much to see but I do have some screen shots today. These are pictures of my demo app that I use to test things. I can shoot various size ‘bullets’ as well as drop big 1 meter radius bombs. This sequence is after I spammed a bunch of stuff and I’m watching it settle and the temperatures cool down (I use simulated annealing for improved accuracy but that’s another story.) The solid shapes are static. The textures shapes are the bullets and bombs and stuff.

Here…

14 Likes