Default m_GlowColor value

When i am in a certain range of an object, then I am settings its “m_GlowColor” into something.

But default in the material(Lighting.j3md) I didnt set any “m_GlowColor” value.

So, when I am out to pickable range of the object, I want to non-glow it, I wanna set the “m_GlowColor” value to the default. How to do that?

Set it to black and it should work

worked :slight_smile:

• deleted -

FIRST spammer! Yay!

I was thinking of posting this up. lolz

Heh, I hope it’s not causing anyone a lot of grief, but I’m leaving him be to test out a new anti-spam measure. By all means report new incidents though.

shouldn’t there be a “report post” or something like that?

Btw, to switch back to the topic of the post, I added the solution into the Hints & Tricks section of the Bloom/Glow documentation.

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:advanced:bloom_and_glow#hints_and_tricks

1 Like

So, how do we glow an object with black?

Black glow? aka antilight ?? (Actually I cannot imagine how it will look what you mean, except a blockhole)

Black hole sun, won’t you come…

bloom.setBloomIntensity(-2);

EmpirePhoenix said:
Black glow? aka antilight ?? (Actually I cannot imagine how it will look what you mean, except a blockhole)

I have a plan to do some prototype,with only black and white, in the near future, just to keep a safe distance from texturing.

bloom.setBloomIntensity(-2);

@nehon Sorry for questioning without prior checking, but, wont this statement is gonna affect the whole scene? Which might be undesirable?

if your question is “can i make an object glow white and the one next to it black” the answer is you can’t.

I guess i could put the glow intensity in the alpha channel of the color…could be cool…so you could tweak intensity by object…

i’ll think about it.

Hm yeah that would be cool, actually, might give some nice effects for the space alien stuff i need

if your question is “can i make an object glow white and the one next to it black” the answer is you can’t

yes.

I guess i could put the glow intensity in the alpha channel of the color…could be cool…so you could tweak intensity by object…
i’ll think about it.

the will be awesome :)