Desperately trying to get a character animation to work

I know this is one of the topics you can find 1000 questions and answers about, already. I/we really tried to solve this problem, but our blender expertise is not enough :slight_smile:
We (me and 2 others) are developing a game for a university project and one of our group members made an animated character model in blender. It is fine so far, but i can’t manage to import it to jme the way i did with other models (or in any way i could find tutorials for online). I already figured out some flaws of the blender project:

1.) doesn’t have a root bone
2.) animations are in several tracks (i read they should be in only one)

None of our group members seems to be able to fix this model so it can be imported into jme. So i ask you - is there anyone who already did this like 100 times and would be able to help us out? We tried everything, without success.
Also, our project is not depending on this selfmade model. We could just use a random ready-made model, but my collegue invested a lot of time learning how to do this, so we would like to use this one.

This is a link to the blender file:
http://ge.tt/9hn1Wdi1/v/0?c

If someone knows how to do it and finds some minutes to help us out here, we’d be very grateful!
Also, if you guys dont have the time to fiddle with this yourself, i will be happy for any hints on how to fix it!

Thanks in advance!

Im looking into it right now.

I am pretty sure you need a root bone, try adding one and re-doing it.

Yeah you need one, definitely, but none of us knows how to re-structure the armature to make it work with jme… We are also in the last days of development before the deadline, so reading into this is not an option for me atm.
As i said, the project will work with a different model, too. But it would be nice to have a working version of this one. If someone wants to try it - please don’t sacrifice too much time! Only help if you know you can do it. I don’t want anyone to waste their time…

Thanks so far!

So you’re saying you don’t have time to solve your problem? Somebody else has to do it for you? Well, gl with that.

No, no. Don’t get me wrong. What i want is: (1) to learn how to do this right, thats why i ask for tips on what could be wrong with the file. (2) try to find someone who could help us get this particular piece working in time so my collegue didn’t do this for nothing.
I really don’t just want the working file - i want to understand how it is done. It’s just that i am afraid that we wont be able to figure it out ourselves in time. It just would’ve been nice to get some practical help. I know the right way would be to ask for information and hints and then figure it out yourself, sure. I thought in a special case like this it would be OK to also ask if someone could speed this process up a bit by giving us a hand - my collegue is not really a programmer, so she isn’t participating in the coding at all. She wanted to provide something for the project and made this model, so i would like her work to be part of the end result. That’s the point of my hurry.
After the deadline i sure can still fix this by myself - and i am still thankful for any tips, here - but for the deadline it would be too late.

Sorry if this came along the wrong way…

Again, thanks guys for your time reading this at all.

EDIT: “someone else has to do it for you”? Really? Did i sound like that? Sorry if thats the case.

@Kjubert said: EDIT: "someone else has to do it for you"? Really? Did i sound like that? Sorry if thats the case.

Well somebody posted a problem with the model and you said you can’t fix it, I don’t see any purpose in posting here then?

Well somebody posted a problem with the model and you said you can’t fix it, I don’t see any purpose in posting here then?
Yes, thats right. I mentioned the missing root bone as one of the problems i am aware of in my initial post. I tried to fix this but it didn't help. Apparently i asked for too much, nevermind. I will try to figure out the errors, later. Still, if anyone knows a common mistake we could have made that is not mentioned in the thousands of tutorials on this topic, i will be grateful to hear about it!
@Kjubert said: Yes, thats right. I mentioned the missing root bone as one of the problems i am aware of in my initial post. I tried to fix this but it didn't help. Apparently i asked for too much, nevermind. I will try to figure out the errors, later. Still, if anyone knows a common mistake we could have made that is not mentioned in the thousands of tutorials on this topic, i will be grateful to hear about it!

Sure, maybe you find someone. I just thought you should be more explicit if you ideally want somebody to just fix the model and give it back to you.

Sure, maybe you find someone. I just thought you should be more explicit if you ideally want somebody to just fix the model and give it back to you.

As i said, thats not what i want. I just imagined this could work out faster if i provide the invalid model of question. I don’t just want it fixed. But hey, i also don’t want to argue - especially not with you. It feels very weird, as i am impressed and grateful every second i work with this great software you guys created.

Thanks for your time, we’ll figure it out somehow.

@Kjubert said: As i said, thats not what i want. I just imagined this could work out faster if i provide the invalid model of question. I don't just want it fixed. But hey, i also don't want to argue - especially not with you. It feels very weird, as i am impressed and grateful every second i work with this great software you guys created.

Thanks for your time, we’ll figure it out somehow.

I’m not arguing, I’m just trying to find out what it is you actually want. Like, if you wanted help on how to join the bones to one root or something you could say what you tried to achieve that and what the problem is when trying to do that.