Different behaviour on setShowSettings(true/false);

Can this be my fault again? It shouldn’t…
if the cause isn’t obvious it’s time to follow the last advise and start a new app from scratch

if I have “setShowSettings(false);” every thing goes fine, if not I get"
(nothing else changed)

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl64 in java.library.path: /usr/java/packages/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2447)
at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:809)
at java.base/java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1893)
at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:312)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:66)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:87)
at org.lwjgl.Sys.(Sys.java:117)
at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.(Display.java:135)
at Start.Game_001.(Game_001.java:46)
at Start.Game_001.main(Game_001.java:522)

this might be a lwjgl problem by why would it be dependent on setShowSettings(…)

What OS are you running on? I know macos doesnt like the settings page, thats why it was turned off by default.

It also requires a new dependancy (can’t remember which one off the top of my head) that must be added for it to work (which i think only just started being the case)

I’m on Linux Debian Sid.
the examples from the jME site work fine…

You don’t have the lwjgl native binaries at the classpath to be loaded, make sure to add either jme3-lwjgl or jme3-lwjgl3 to your dependencies.

EDIT:
Hmm, further looking on this stack, I cannot spot jMonkeyEngine packages, seems you are using raw lwjgl…anyway, the native binaries are missing.

What is this line doing?

SOOOOOOOOO hard to debug code we can’t see.

Display.setLocation(256, 128);

— removing it fixes it - (I guess I’ll have to find the right way and sequence to do it)

yes, that’s what is says, but… it works without showing the setting panel.

Thank you for your answers! I’m new at jME, just 4 days, and already have over 30 classes and thousands of lines of code… maybe should have started slower… (no way!)