Documentation on JMonkey Structure?

I was wondering if there was any good documentation on how all the JMonkey classes fit together and the overall organization of the Engine. I know that there are same great tutorials on creating games in JMonkey, but none of them really go into any detail on the structure of the engine.

Yeh agreed. I would love to see one too.

Thats what the javadoc is for. And yes, the tutorials do explain the single classes and what their role in the engine is. The javadoc gives the “intimate” information about the classes.

No, he was asking about a more high level overview about how jME works.

The tutorials do that, if you think of anything else why not do it now that you know how it works? ^^

I was thinking of some sort of documentation that coupled with the javadoc shows how everything works together. It would explain where this gets instantiated and then who uses it, what it is used for, why does it extend this or implement that, and a sort of execution tree of what happens when SimpleApplication(or Application).start(); is called. If there is really nothing like that I would be more than happy to make some documentation on it or possibly extend on some previous attempt.

1 Like

Sure, the wiki is yours :slight_smile: Maybe use this namespace: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:intermediate:engine_overview Tell us when you need someone to read back your text.

Thanks

@normen said:
The tutorials do that, if you think of anything else why not do it now that you know how it works? ^^

I would do instantly when I know :P I love writing doc. :) But the problem is I don't know. I don't even know how the rendering works. :(