Does jMonkey support multiple meshes per 3D model

I have 2 meshes for a 3D model, a sword then the actual player. Previously i only had 1 mesh when importing models so i was wondering if jMonkey supports 2.

Yes.
But there is no such thing as “model” in the scene graph. There will be 2 geometries. Check this out: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:scenegraph_for_dummies

1 Like
@JacobAmaral said: I have 2 meshes for a 3D model, a sword then the actual player. Previously i only had 1 mesh when importing models so i was wondering if jMonkey supports 2.

You can actually modify the Node once it is converted to a j3o and set it up in any way you like:

You can leave it as two separate Geometries within the parent Node, or nest each Geometry within a Node contained by the parent Node. It totally depends on what you need to do with them after the fact.

Anyways… point of answering this after it was answered was to point out that model = Node in JME3. So you can use the same method of mentally visualizing your scene graph as long as you keep this in mind.

1 Like

For instance, the Sinbad model at Models/Sinbad/Sinbad.mesh.xml contains 7 geometries, each with its own mesh.

1 Like