Doku2Buddy Converter

On a slightly related topic, I checked out a copy of D2B and got it all working, but I'm having some problems setting up BuddyPress & Wiki component.

I managed to convert a page in my local DokuWiki but I can't actually access it. If I try, I get a very generic 403 error "The page you were looking for was not found." The file I converted was jme:hello_asset and it was converted into 2-hello_asset. I also created a jME2 group wiki, as that seems to be hardcoded into D2B at the moment, and it was throwing up errors if it couldn't find it.

Also if I try and create a wiki page from the Dashboard -> Wiki Pages -> Add New, it puts it at wordpressroot/wiki/2-name-of-page/ but if I then try and view it, I get the same 403 error. The only way I can create and view a wiki page is by going to the group frontend, and then creating a new page there.

Don't suppose either of you have experienced this problem, or have a solution?

(If this isn't related enough, feel free to split it into it's own topic  :wink: )

InfernoZeus said:

I managed to convert a page in my local DokuWiki but I can't actually access it. If I try, I get a very generic 403 error "The page you were looking for was not found." The file I converted was jme:hello_asset and it was converted into 2-hello_asset. I also created a jME2 group wiki, as that seems to be hardcoded into D2B at the moment, and it was throwing up errors if it couldn't find it.

Aye, its hardcoded for now while we were trying to figure out the best way [for jME] to automatically split the groups.  Of course, this way is different than what will work for everyone.  That said, my plan for down the line, after the completion of hub.jmonkeyengine.org, is to make a rules filter almost like you'd find in an email client.  It would read the groups you have and let you route certain keywords to specified groups.  For the current situation an example would be something like "all posts linking to anywhere in 'http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk' goes to jME2.

As for the 403 error, I don't believe I've seen that one in context of the wiki.. Is your wordpress database prefix the same as the one written into the WPConstants class?

InfernoZeus said:

Also if I try and create a wiki page from the Dashboard -> Wiki Pages -> Add New, it puts it at wordpressroot/wiki/2-name-of-page/ but if I then try and view it, I get the same 403 error. The only way I can create and view a wiki page is by going to the group frontend, and then creating a new page there.

Don't suppose either of you have experienced this problem, or have a solution?

The author of the plugin is still working out kinks on the admin end of the plugin, I haven't actually created a wiki page through the control panel, just via the converter and the front end.  Will try it and see what I come up with though.

InfernoZeus said:

(If this isn't related enough, feel free to split it into it's own topic  ;) )

You read my mind :)
sbook said:

Aye, its hardcoded for now while we were trying to figure out the best way [for jME] to automatically split the groups.  Of course, this way is different than what will work for everyone.  That said, my plan for down the line, after the completion of hub.jmonkeyengine.org, is to make a rules filter almost like you'd find in an email client.  It would read the groups you have and let you route certain keywords to specified groups.  For the current situation an example would be something like "all posts linking to anywhere in 'http://code.google.com/p/jmonkeyengine/source/browse/trunk' goes to jME2.

Alright, I can imagine there could be problems with that approach though; for example, a jME3 page which is a natural progression from a jME2 file could conceivably link to a file in the jME2 source.

sbook said:

As for the 403 error, I don't believe I've seen that one in context of the wiki.. Is your wordpress database prefix the same as the one written into the WPConstants class?

I haven't changed anything in that file, and the prefix "wp_" is what I used to set up my database.

sbook said:

The author of the plugin is still working out kinks on the admin end of the plugin, I haven't actually created a wiki page through the control panel, just via the converter and the front end.  Will try it and see what I come up with though.

I thought that might be the case, but I still had problems accessing pages that were created via the converter.

In the 'recent updates' of the jME2 group on BuddyPress, it says the hello_asset page as been created. If I try and view it, the link points to wordpress/wiki/2-hello_asset, but the link for a page I created manually in the jME2 group is located at wordpress/groups/jME2/wiki/page so for some reason the created page doesn't seem to be properly in the jME2 group...

InfernoZeus said:

Also if I try and create a wiki page from the Dashboard -> Wiki Pages -> Add New, it puts it at wordpressroot/wiki/2-name-of-page/
It's odd that you experience the error, because the page is supposed to work, but it's not correct, no. The backend isn't supposed to be used, it's just for testing stuff. So yeah, pages should be created via front end.