"Dynamic" NavMesh

Sorry @Darkchaos, I don’t understand the meaning of your post.
Any sentence that begins with “Without offense” always contains an offense. You seem angry with me, but I don’t understand why. You talk about “todolist” and “should already be implemented in some way …”

The original “jme3-recast4j” design was incomplete, but it had some interesting basic ideas like marking area polygons differently. The project seemed abandoned and was not updated since 14 Sep 2019. The libraries (jmonkeyengine, lemur and recast4j) were out of date and the project was incompatible with the latest version of recast4j-1.5.1 which broke backwards compatibility with the previous ones.

• I modernized the whole project. I removed redundancies, simplified and cleaned up the code.
  • I edited the javadoc.
  • I have updated the libraries to the latest versions.
  • I have added tons of new features, debugging tools, use cases and a graphical editor for the NavMesh generation.
  • I showed the functionality and potential of the library with sample images and videos.
  • I made all the material available in a completely free way.
  • I have mentioned and thanked the authors of the original project on the forum and on github.

Here are the projects before and after:
The “wheel” before:

The “wheel” after:

We haven’t seen demos on the forum based on this library for years. After 3 months of effort, on the thread of the month finally a user has successfully used the features I added.

I thought I was providing a useful tool for the community. Nobody pays me and I don’t earn anything from the hours I invested in research, algorithm analysis and study of other engines. I was just happy to share my ideas with the community and maybe get some good advice.

So I don’t understand the meaning of your post.

I’m not looking for problems. Tell me what to do and I will do it.

2 Likes