Easing function for cinematics

Is there a way to apply a generic easing function (something like http://jqueryui.com/resources/demos/effect/easing.html e.g.) to a cinematics movement for example. So I want the object to move according to the easing function along the cinematics track. how should I implement this, or it the cinematics concept not correct here. Would be great if such a easing function could be applied on translation, rotation and scale of an object (so no object deformation)

There is no way right now.
You can try to change the MotionPath and MotionEvent code, but for now the speed is constant (almost).

Ok maybe the motionpath is a little bit to over engineered for animations like this. e.g. spawning a new object by letting it drop from the sky or pop out of the air does not realy need a motion path. is there anything in this direction already existing with default animations?

oh ok, I thought you were using a motionPath.

So you just want spatial animation of some sort? You have an AnimationFactory that is a helper class to create animations for a spatial. But there again there is no easinf function, just plain linear interpolation.
However it should be easier to modify it so that the interpolation use some easing function.

But if all you are doing is moving under gravity then it’s trivial to write a control that stores a velocity and applies an acceleration each frame.

<cite>@zarch said:</cite> But if all you are doing is moving under gravity then it's trivial to write a control that stores a velocity and applies an acceleration each frame.

yep thats right but I thougt about a more general component which can be used for scaling, translation and rotation as well. its the small thinks like such animations which make a game look nice i think :wink: at least indi games without high end graphics