Eclipse bac to the drawing board

It seems as though every time i use eclipse in linux thiers an issue originally i've been on windows programming but now that debian is my base OS i've been having issues running projects. i installed java using,  apt-get install sun-java6-bin sun-java6-jre sun-java6-jdk,I set java home to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun and thats also where eclipse is set to since the only thing i can find that says jdk is inside /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/bin. javac -version returns

Warning: no leading - on line 19 of /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg&#039;<br /> Warning&#58; missing VM type on line 19 of /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'

Warning: no leading - on line 19 of /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg&#039;<br /> Warning&#58; missing VM type on line 19 of /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/tools/javac/Main

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.tools.javac.Main

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

in eclipse everything is compiled although i initially had some path errors since it was created on windows i guess it fixed itself when it finished building

however when i attempt to run a project i get

Warning: no leading - on line 19 of `/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'
Warning: missing VM type on line 19 of `/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'
Warning: no leading - on line 19 of `/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'
Warning: missing VM type on line 19 of `/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.07/jre/lib/i386/jvm.cfg'
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:31 PM com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application started.
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:31 PM com.jme.system.PropertiesGameSettings <init>
INFO: PropertiesGameSettings created
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:31 PM com.jme.system.PropertiesGameSettings load
INFO: Read properties
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:31 PM class jmetest.TutorialGuide.HelloLOD start()
SEVERE: Exception in game loop
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no lwjgl in java.library.path
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys$1.run(Sys.java:72)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.doLoadLibrary(Sys.java:65)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.loadLibrary(Sys.java:81)
   at org.lwjgl.Sys.<clinit>(Sys.java:98)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.<clinit>(Display.java:128)
   at com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLPropertiesDialog$ModesRetriever.run(LWJGLPropertiesDialog.java:682)
   at com.jme.app.AbstractGame.getAttributes(AbstractGame.java:231)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:64)
   at jmetest.TutorialGuide.HelloLOD.main(HelloLOD.java:79)
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:31 PM com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup
INFO: Cleaning up resources.
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:32 PM com.jme.system.lwjgl.LWJGLDisplaySystem <init>
INFO: LWJGL Display System created.
Dec 13, 2008 8:17:32 PM com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application ending.

my jvm.cfg code looks like this

GNU nano 2.0.7                                                File: jvm.cfg                                                                                                      

# List of JVMs that can be used as an option to java, javac, etc.
# Order is important -- first in this list is the default JVM.
# NOTE that this both this file and its format are UNSUPPORTED and
# WILL GO AWAY in a future release.
#
# You may also select a JVM in an arbitrary location with the
# "-XXaltjvm=<jvm_dir>" option, but that too is unsupported
# and may not be available in a future release.
#
-client IF_SERVER_CLASS -server
-server KNOWN
-hotspot ALIASED_TO -client
-classic WARN
-native ERROR
-green ERROR

can anyone assist i was able to compile a basic helloworld.java the very first program in most java tutorials from a school file and run it but i'm having issues none the less can anyone assist me.

try adding -Djava.library.path=<path_to_jme>liblwjglnativelinux to your arguments when launching your app. And obviously substitute <path_to_jme with your actual directory.

nymon said:

try adding -Djava.library.path=<path_to_jme>liblwjglnativelinux to your arguments when launching your app. And obviously substitute <path_to_jme with your actual directory.

thx nymon from that i was able to deduce that the native classpaths for lwjgl was set to win32, i've realized that jogl doesn't have a linux library but i guess that doesn't matter since i use lwjgl thx a lot nymon

umm, I think gouessej (if he is the one taking care of the jogl stuff…), needs to update all of those native libraries…

Ill check back a little later if they aren’t up there we should get them (at least the same ones lwjgl has).

There is ONLY win-i586 up there right now and here is the natives list direct from https://jogl.dev.java.net/:

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-linux-amd64.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-linux-i586.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-macosx-ppc.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-macosx-universal.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-amd64.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-i586.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-sparc.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-sparcv9.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-windows-amd64.zip

jogl-1.1.1-rc8-windows-i586.zip

basixs said:

umm, I think gouessej (if he is the one taking care of the jogl stuff...), needs to update all of those native libraries...

Ill check back a little later if they aren't up there we should get them (at least the same ones lwjgl has).

There is ONLY win-i586 up there right now and here is the natives list direct from https://jogl.dev.java.net/:
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-linux-amd64.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-linux-i586.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-macosx-ppc.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-macosx-universal.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-amd64.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-i586.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-sparc.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-solaris-sparcv9.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-windows-amd64.zip
jogl-1.1.1-rc8-windows-i586.zip

I install JOGL separately, that is why I don't have this problem under Linux (I tried under Debian Etch and Mandriva). We should not take the release candidate 8, it is better to use the stable version of JOGL 1.1.1. Should I add the JARs and the .so files of JOGL into JME 2?

Yes, I would think that would be best; otherwise anyone trying the JOGL renderer on OSX, Lynux etc may think its a bug that they can run something under the LWJGL render but not the JOGL…

Take a look at the LWJGL natives on the SVN server to get an idea of what you need.  No need to support solaris, etc; only Linux, OSX, and windows have natives LWJGL available from jME anyway; but there are more 64bit natives available for JOGL it seems…

basixs said:

Yes, I would think that would be best; otherwise anyone trying the JOGL renderer on OSX, Lynux etc may think its a bug that they can run something under the LWJGL render but not the JOGL...

Take a look at the LWJGL natives on the SVN server to get an idea of what you need.  No need to support solaris, etc; only Linux, OSX, and windows have natives LWJGL available from jME anyway; but there are more 64bit natives available for JOGL it seems...

If I fix it, I do it completely even for Solaris. You're right, some people might think it is a bug.

Hmm, well it adds 5MBs because Solaris has 4 binaries; and the only thing from having users be able to run a demo w/ JOGL is the natives are not supplied…

So, for the sake of being able to have that option (JOGL in the demos), and keep it close to the same size as the LWJGL native jar (5MB) I would suggest leaving those out :).

linux JOGL natives are in if you wanna test em out…

basixs said:

linux JOGL natives are in if you wanna test em out...

thx a lot basixs