IR Editor - Infernal Reality’s World Editor
Tool type: World Editor
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
IR Editor is the brand new JME2 based world editor developed by Radosław Sypeń (aka Radek) - coordinator and lead programmer of Infernal Reality Team. The editor has been developed since 2008 and it’s still in development phase. The current version is 0.9.0 with lead features listed below:
- Management of user's projects with ability of creating, restoring, copying, closing and deleting projects.
- Management of editor's configuration giving user opportunity of defining own key shortcuts, editor's layout (skins), rendering subsystem, color schema and much more.
- Help contents with issue-related topics of use.
- Undo, redo operations and undo-redo history for modifying the old changes.
- Cut, copy, paste operations.
- Very simple and intuitive user's interface.
- Management of tool tabs.
- Basic operations of translating, scaling, rotating and bringing to ground surface of scene objects.
- Diffrent camera views: Free and Relative.
- Basic geometry addition.
- Complex geometry addition from tools like Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Blender, Maya and other.
- Particle effects addition
- Addition of sun effects.
- Addition of terrain using generation algorithms which gives the user opportunity to build complex landscapes.
- Skybox addition.
- Navigation mesh creation for dynamic scene objects.
- Importing scene from VRML/X3D formats and JME (binary and XML)
- Shadow edition
- Bloom edition
- Water edition
- Fog edition
- Extended management of scene's light state.
- Sound addition as well as placing environmental effects and music with edition of scene playlists.
- Edition of basic scene objects properties.
- Edition of extended scene objects properties like defining the woundable, pickable, destroyable parameters and much more.
- Full object's states management.
- Ability of adding textures to object (with effects like normal mapping)
- Addition and edition of shaders.
- Bulit-in scene exporter.
- Addition of animated objects.
- Terrain splatting
- Terrain molding
- Particle effects edition.
- Ability of setting parameters like physics influence, speed, rotation, size, etc.
- Ability of setting effect to objects.
- Simple subsystem for creating and playing real-time recorded cut-scenes.
- Ability of adding subtitles, adding time intervals
- Ability of managing the cut-scene's timeline
- Creating physic simulations
- Ability of transforming scene objects into static or dynamic physics objects which move in order to physics laws.
- Full physics management
- Editor gives users ability to create their own plug-in which may improve editor's functionality
- The creation of plugins is totally independent of editor's source code
- The plug-in subsystem gives simple interface to editor’s massage subsystem (for dialog with user) and scene access.
This features listed above contains only chosen features. The full list of features is still increasing.
* jME Physics
The images below contains island which is the same island from JME2 test classes loaded to editor just to show.