Editor: jMonkeyBuilder

Do you use string user data? in your case maybe using enums is better option, what do you think?

Yes Iā€™m currently using strings, I havenā€™t tried or considered otherwise but it sounds like enums would be a more efficient choice

Same issue here on:

http://storage8.static.itmages.com/i/17/1108/h_1510173165_1256104_0028b7ac72.png

EDIT: This is occuring with either the .DEB package or the .7z package. Doesnā€™t matter which I run.

Hello,

When an object modeled in Blender but without texture and without UvTexture is exported with the script gltf krhonos and the option ā€œauto generated tangentā€ is activity in JMonkeyBuilder, at the moment of the conversion to j3o file, an error appears:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikkTSpaceImpl.getTexCoord(MikkTSpaceImpl.java:66)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.getTexCoord(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:705)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.MergeVertsFast(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:401)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.MergeVertsFast(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:473)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.MergeVertsFast(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:473)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generateSharedVerticesIndexList(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:352)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.genTangSpace(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:130)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.genTangSpaceDefault(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:92)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:84)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:79)
at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikktspaceTangentGenerator.generate(MikktspaceTangentGenerator.java:79)
at com.ss.editor.model.tool.TangentGenerator.useMikktspaceGenerator(Unknown Source)
at com.ss.editor.file.converter.impl.AbstractModelFileConverter.convertImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.ss.editor.file.converter.impl.AbstractModelFileConverter.lambda$convert$1(Unknown Source)
at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.BackgroundEditorTaskExecutor.doExecute(Unknown Source)
at com.ss.editor.executor.impl.AbstractEditorTaskExecutor.run(Unknown Source)

opening j3o file makes jmonkeybuilder crash

The same problem occurs when exporting with Orgre3d export, except that JmonkeyBuilder does not crash afterwards.

THOCED

mhhā€¦ maybe that could be checked by the engine and throw a more user friendly exception.
You canā€™t generate tangents without uvs.
@javasabr maybe you should check if the mesh has uvs before allowing to auto generate tangentsā€¦

1 Like

does it happen when you try to open asset folder?

hm, I will add it :slight_smile:

But I think, you need to add checking of this here:

WARNING 06:29:27:353 TangentGenerator: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.jme3.util.mikktspace.MikkTSpaceImpl.getTexCoord(MikkTSpaceImpl.java:66)

and if you see that a model doesnā€™t have uvs, you need to throw IllegalArgumentException with the description of this problem :wink:

Itā€™s like deja vu all over again.

I can play, too. Hey, I think it would be cool if you made your own jMonkey editor. You could call it jMonkeyBuilder or something like that. :wink:

yeah, I can be inattentive at 6.30 a.m. :grin: sorry.

Finished :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I will certainly ask a stupid question but never mind I ask it anyway.

I can not translate the camera in the JmonkeyBuilder editor.
I can just rotate the camera by clicking on the middle button of my mouse.
I try all key combinations on the keyboard but nothing works.
Is it normal where do I have a hardware problem?

Thank you

THOCED

Hello, i donā€™t remember how i fixed this, but i had a problem with other applications, which use 3D graphics (problem was on my side). If Iā€™m not wrong, i changed or reinstalled the video driver (install from the official nvidia site).

Hi,
you need to press the middle mouse button + WASD on a keyboard.

I warned it was a stupid question :wink:

1 Like

Feels really annoying tbh. WASD buttons are a pain when you donā€™t have a qwerty keyboard.
Why not do something like blender shift + middle mouse button then drag with the mouse?

if someone creates a ticket about this then I will implement the additional option for this :slight_smile:

What about shortcut customization support?, this way it can be easily changed if you havenā€™t got any querty keyboard. Another option (could be both) is to give some presets for different keyboards (so the WASD is translated to other keyboards equivalent).

Idk Iā€™m more in the convention over configuration thing. IMO you should pick whatā€™s done in most popular editors (UE4, Unity, max, maya, blenderā€¦). Idk if they have the same scheme, but pick on and stick with it. Iā€™m almost sure none of them use WASD keys to move the view point.

I saw it in Unity Editor :slight_smile: