[Editor] Sandbox v0.05 Alpha

This is the first release.

Not that fancy at the moment, but it will, as soon as I get SceneWorker and Mapspinner inside Sandbox.

(I have some minor problems with Mapspinner. SceneWorker is fine, but I want to include it inside the Sandbox interface)

Hope nymon and ncomp are assisting me^^

Therefore I think it's just a matter of time.

Hope I can soon release a better working version of Sandbox

http://code.google.com/p/jme-sandbox-worldeditor/source/checkout

Non-members may check out a read-only working copy anonymously over HTTP.

svn checkout http://jme-sandbox-worldeditor.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ jme-sandbox-worldeditor-read-only

Friggin' awesome! Any chance you could release a build in the downloads section? I would love to give this a test run but I'm no fan of setting up SVN on my computer. My Vista conflicts with the strangest things and I had to uninstall the last two SVN solutions I had installed because it cause some odd networking issues.

Are you planning to back it up with some documentation soon?

Very Awesome!  I'm currently working on some things which may or may not be able to help in a few weeks time too :smiley:

Yeah…looks interesting! Can't wait to try it after work…

@erlend: You don't have SVN? :slight_smile: What about the SVN inside eclipse? Don't need more and it is not polluting your OS

Any chance you could release a build in the downloads section?

I will do it the next version ;)

Quicksolution:
http://rapidshare.com/files/280749433/sandbox.rar.html

Are you planning to back it up with some documentation soon?

Yes I plan to create a documentation, but not yet. This version is still to early.
I will also includ a handbook(html reader already included), which explains the functions of Sandbox and explains how to make specific changes to Sandbox

I'm currently working on some things which may or may not be able to help in a few weeks time too

You are welcome to add anything you like to sandbox.

well done mate…

looks great…

Thanks

It's a beginning and there is much more to do

The biggest goal for the next version is to get SceneWorker(SceneMonitor) "window" version into the "Navigation" box on the right side of Sandbox.

Ncomp, is there a way to call the window from SceneWorker like

SceneWorker window = new SceneWorker():

window.setAlwaysOnTop(true);

window.setLocation(0,0);

?

GOALS next version:

-SceneWorker

-FengGUI/ FengGUI CREATOR (simple tool that allow you to create simple interfaces)

-Importer/Exporter (Model, Texture, etc)

-Save/Load Function

-Small fix that allow you to move the windows

-BugFix: repaint() Methode seems to crash the StandardGameCanvas (??! maybe a update problem :?)

16.09.2009 13:24:55 com.jme.scene.state.lwjgl.shader.LWJGLShaderUtil updateUniformLocation

SCHWERWIEGEND: Shader uniform [tex4] could not be located in shader

-BugFix: Function RUN (opens a new jME application window) crash the StandardGameCanvas and the jME Engine

EDIT: In this version the error is even more weird. It makes a copy of Sandbox and display it (both windows have the same display). It's necessary to start two completly seperated jME Windows!

yeah i see what you are saying…

i'm not too sure with regards to the SceneMonitor dialog how to get that to work…

however i just refactored the tools palette to be just a JPanel so you should be able to add it to your Sandbox window now rather than having to deal with the palette as a frame…

Small update v0.06 (not released yet)

• All windows can be moved now
  • GUI Editor nearly completed (will be completed on release)

Update - v0.06

-BugFix: Path errors with projects outside workspace;

-Feature: Better camera view