EffectTrack and AudioTrack editing in the SDK

Hey monkeys, I recently added the Effect/Audio Track feature to the engine.

As you may know Animations are made of different tracks, usually BoneTracks when it’s a bone animation imported from ogre.

This video shows you how to add and edit those tracks to an existing animation inside the SDK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JM4VMKqPc

13 Likes

Awesome stuff :open_mouth: Great example of what the SDK is made for :smiley:

exactly, just awesome :smiley:

it gives many possibilities.

Sweet!! :slight_smile:

Oh that is so nice, makes me a happy monkey :slight_smile:

Yaaay, so many cool advances for animations recently.

Video voice was a bit low imo. And you sound obnoxiously french.

@erlend_sh said:
Yaaay, so many cool advances for animations recently.

Video voice was a bit low imo. And you sound obnoxiously french.

Yeah, may be something about my system but I didn't even realize there was audio at first. I had to turn the youtube volume all the way up and my system volume all the way up just to hear it... and then I couldn't watch it really because every time I got an e-mail I got blown across the room.

Cool stuff, though.

Stupid-asset-newb-question: does this work with the latest .blend importer also? (Sorry if this was mentioned in the video but I couldn't hear it. ;))
@erlend_sh said:
And you sound obnoxiously french.

yeh i also noticed that also

Nice video :) !!

Edit: yeh it will work with the blender importer Paul as long as you can convert them to .j3o :)
@pspeed said:
Stupid-asset-newb-question: does this work with the latest .blend importer also? (Sorry if this was mentioned in the video but I couldn't hear it. ;))

Yeah, cause it works on j3o ;)
Edit: Sure wez snuck that in after me :P
@normen said:
Yeah, cause it works on j3o ;)
Edit: Sure wez snuck that in after me :P

I figured... but the description and stuff so specifically mentioned "a bone animation imported from ogre" that I wasn't sure if there was some special gotcha.

...there seems to be nothing _but_ special gotchas re: .blend importer. ;) And when I have to go through the 9 step ogre process a kitten dies.
@pspeed said:
I figured... but the description and stuff so specifically mentioned "a bone animation imported from ogre" that I wasn't sure if there was some special gotcha.

Nah that was jME2 where every format brought its own animation system ;)

Awesome stuff! Thank you very much for putting this in a video rather then posting a long thread. :slight_smile:

What are the new improvements?

@pspeed said:

...there seems to be nothing _but_ special gotchas re: .blend importer. ;) And when I have to go through the 9 step ogre process a kitten dies.

yeah sorry, it works with any format, not just ogre, it's just that the model i used was imported from ogre.

@iamcreasy said:
Awesome stuff! Thank you very much for putting this in a video rather then posting a long thread. :)

What are the new improvements?

You'll have to wait for my next obnoxiously french dubbed video ;) (damn you Erlend!)

@all, sorry about the sound, i'll try to make the sound louder next time.

Makes me wish I had animations in Disenthral. :smiley:

BTW, you guys haven’t heard what some French guy talking in English sound like. @nehon sounds quite good. The “Zee (the)” and “eez (is)” are quite hilarious. Not so here. :wink:

Volume is very low. Dat eez zee only prohblem. XD

yeh hes got a sexy voice (no homo)

@madjack I also learned a nice way to say model :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, it looks so professional. What a great tool.

Definitely gonna hook this up to the biome stuff later, and modify the dust emitter parameters depending on zone. Also it could be used to change the walking soundtrack.

@iamcreasy

Zinbád modeu :smiley:

@iamcreasy said:
@madjack I also learned a nice way to say model :P

@androlo said:
@iamcreasy
Zinbád modeu :D

You are slowly digging your graves guys....I can be pretty mean...:x

Last I checked neither of you guys @androlo and @iamcreasy have the balls to make videos with you guys speaking. If I were you, I’d wait a very long time to do so. Let lots of water flow under the bridge so we (hopefully) forget. :stuck_out_tongue:

I do them all the time. :? Why would that be a problem. Nobody is complaining or something… just liking the prononciations.