Error connecting to server

Is it a common issue to not be able to connect to any servers? I understand most servers are inactive but even when I host one no one I kno can connect and vise versa. Anyone have any tips/helpful information?

inb4 beta is beta

Have you opened port 3079?

1 Like
@sbook said:
Have you opened port 3079?

Yes I have, so does the other person I'm trying to play with. He has the same problem.

I haven’t played 3079, but I believe the versions need to be the same… are you running the latest? Is your friend on the same version as you?

1 Like
@sbook said:
I haven't played 3079, but I believe the versions need to be the same.. are you running the latest? Is your friend on the same version as you?

Yeah were both on 2.3.3. beta

Well that’s as much as I can contribute here… paging @phr00t :slight_smile:

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help

1 Like
@sbook said:
Well that's as much as I can contribute here... paging @phr00t :)

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Thanks for giving a shot man

Wow sbook, you did a good job at support :slight_smile:

It isn’t a common issue to not connect to any server… what IP are you trying to have people connect to? sbook suggested opening up port 3079 – which means you accessed your router and forwarded the port to the IP the server is running on (just checking)?

I have the same problem but I have only tried the twitter servers because none of my friends are convinced this is worth their money D:!

if anyone has a 24/7 server with active people let me know please @_@ :c

I really got to get this multiplayer bug pushed out before multiplayer games will be more active…

I think I can help isolate some of the issues…

All servers starting with IP “5.*" are Hamachi servers, you won’t be able to connect to them unless you’re in the same Hamachi network so the host has to give you the network ID and password to connect to.

All servers starting with "192.168.1.
” are invalid, this is an Ethernet IP and not internet IP.

Use http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find your actual internet IP.

I tried connecting to the other two servers but to no avail, I guess they are simply offline or the host has failed to setup port forwarding correctly. See http://portforward.com/ for info about how to setup port forwarding for your server

I’m adding more information (like what Momoko_Fan said) to the “Verify your server info” to hopefully alleviate this… however, it will still require users to report their server information correctly & potentially setup port forwarding :confused:

We need experienced server owners to set up servers…NOAW! (at 4:08am in the morning)

The next version, v2.4.x, will be in much better shape for multiplayer gaming :slight_smile: