Error installing jmonkeySDK

I’m trying to install the new version of the SDK Release 3.6 [pre] sdk and I get the following error:

Cannot prepare bundled JVM to run the installer

my device:
11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz
64bit processor
windows 11 :frowning:

You tried the correct bitness?
https://github.com/jMonkeyEngine/sdk/releases/download/v3.6-stable-sdk2/jmonkeyplatform-windows-x64.exe

64-bit I assume. I doubt there is 32-bit Windows 11.

2 Likes

Yes, i downloaded 64 bit version

Just out of curiosity, it won’t help the SDK to install. But it might help narrow down some things… Are you able to manually install jdk-17.0.6+10 Temurin; January 20, 2023; Windows x64 from https://adoptium.net/temurin/releases/

Yes, successful installed

1 Like

Can you provide the installer log for us?

I’m not entirely sure now where this would be at this moment. But I suspect C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\NetBeans\???\var\log\messages.log

Netbeans might also be replaced by jmonkeyengine brand. This is the best guess now.

in appdata/roaming doesnt exist Jmonkey folder / exist the NetBeans folder but is for NetBeans ( i have a netbeans installation)

[UPDATE]
On the same system the SDK installs correctly on linux

2 Likes

I can reproduce this.

Issue filed: Installer fails on Windows (x64) · Issue #491 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub

1 Like

Try this workaround (BUT missing JME libraries) on windows 10:
open windows powershell or CMD
change directory where the installer jmonkeyplatform-windows-x64.exe
jmonkeyplatform-windows-x64.exe --extract
java -jar bundle.jar
It will install BUT missing JME libraries

yes installing with the metod of @tsa i get this error launching:

The launcher has determined that the parent process has a console and will reuse it for its own console output.
Closing the console will result in termination of the running program.
Use '--console suppress' to suppress console output.
Use '--console new' to create a separate console window.
apr 08, 2023 8:12:45 PM org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory register
GRAVE: No way to find original stream handler for jar protocol
java.lang.reflect.InaccessibleObjectException: Unable to make field transient java.net.URLStreamHandler java.net.URL.handler accessible: module java.base does not "opens java.net" to unnamed module @6193b845
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:354)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.AccessibleObject.checkCanSetAccessible(AccessibleObject.java:297)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Field.checkCanSetAccessible(Field.java:178)
        at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Field.setAccessible(Field.java:172)
        at org.netbeans.ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory.register(ProxyURLStreamHandlerFactory.java:59)
        at org.netbeans.JarClassLoader.<clinit>(JarClassLoader.java:142)
        at org.netbeans.MainImpl.execute(MainImpl.java:153)
        at org.netbeans.MainImpl.main(MainImpl.java:60)
        at org.netbeans.Main.main(Main.java:58)

java.lang.Error: factory already defined
        at java.base/java.net.URL.setURLStreamHandlerFactory(URL.java:1228)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.installURLStreamHandlerFactory(Framework.java:1765)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.<init>(Framework.java:232)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.internalInit(EquinoxLauncher.java:67)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.EquinoxLauncher.init(EquinoxLauncher.java:37)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.launch.Equinox.init(Equinox.java:178)
        at org.netbeans.modules.netbinox.Netbinox.init(Netbinox.java:63)
        at org.netbeans.core.netigso.Netigso.prepare(Netigso.java:146)
        at org.netbeans.NetigsoHandle.turnOn(NetigsoHandle.java:115)
        at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.doEnable(ModuleManager.java:1476)
        at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(ModuleManager.java:1331)
        at org.netbeans.ModuleManager.enable(ModuleManager.java:1256)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.installNew(ModuleList.java:316)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleList.trigger(ModuleList.java:252)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.ModuleSystem.restore(ModuleSystem.java:298)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Main.java:173)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.getModuleSystem(Main.java:142)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.Main.start(Main.java:303)
        at org.netbeans.core.startup.TopThreadGroup.run(TopThreadGroup.java:98)
        at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

Yeah, with JDK 17, Netbeans needs a lot of flags:
-J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J--add-opens=java.base/java.net=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-exports=java.desktop/sun.awt=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing.text=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-opens=java.desktop/javax.swing=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-opens=java.prefs/java.util.prefs=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-opens=java.base/java.security=ALL-UNNAMED -J--add-exports=java.base/sun.reflect.annotation=ALL-UNNAMED

Hello! I also have the “Cannot prepare bundled JVM to run the installer”. I installed the last JVM file (JavaSetup8u361.exe) and the last OpenJDK (OpenJDK20U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_20_36.msi) but the error is still there. Any idea?

The issue is fixed in the upcoming release. We’re just waiting for the right window of opportunity (“spare time”) to make and test a new release.

5 Likes

Great, thanks!

There’s now a new ‘pre-release’. Untested as of yet: Release Release refs/tags/v3.6-stable-sdk3 · jMonkeyEngine/sdk · GitHub

3 Likes