Everything works but sound

Did the HelloIntersection example and all works well, except I don’t hear any sounds. I just made my own an converted them to OGG. The only exception I get is that EAX exception which I am told it just means my sound card doesn’t support EAX and it should still all work.

The code is verbatim from the PDF so I will spare you the long post with that code. I guess I am just wondering if this has been reported before and if maybe I have sound card compatability issues or what. And yes, my volume is turned up. :slight_smile: If you need more info, just let me know what you might need.

Thanks.

Gregg

Have you tried the ogg sounds from cvs and do they work?

I just tried HelloIntersection today and it crashed. PoungRevisited also crashed. Is there a problem with sound in JME?

"renanse" wrote:
Have you tried the ogg sounds from cvs and do they work?

I just downloaded CVS and the laser.ogg and explosion.ogg files were not there. I did try the wav files though and it still didn't work.

Thare are two data folders. One is in jme/data/sound directory the other is at jme / src / jmetest / data / sound. The sounds are there, thay are just nor all ogg.

"Badmi" wrote:
Thare are two data folders. One is in jme/data/sound directory the other is at jme / src / jmetest / data / sound. The sounds are there, thay are just nor all ogg.

Still a no go. Even compiling and running the HelloIntersect from CVS doesn't produce any sound. Must be something with my PC. I'll try it on a different PC tomorrow and see what happens.

Are you using .wav files or .ogg files? .wav sound in jME doesn’t work for my computer. Try playing .ogg files.

"Cep21" wrote:
Are you using .wav files or .ogg files? .wav sound in jME doesn't work for my computer. Try playing .ogg files.

I've tried both. Neither seem to work. Thanks though.

It would seem that there is a slight chance that it had something to do with the release build of jme.jar. I downloaded the CVS src and built a new jme.jar and ogg files worked this time. WAV files still don’t. But as long as something works, I am a happy camper. :slight_smile:

Glad to know I’m not the only one with .wav problems :slight_smile: .ogg is the only one you need/want anyways, so all .ogg will be fine.

"Cep21" wrote:
.ogg is the only one you need/want anyways, so all .ogg will be fine.

Agreed. It's a great format. I wish is was more widely accepted. I would love to have a portable OGG player. :)