Failure starting any jME app on device

Hey guys,

I have googled quite some time for the error and I have the feeling that this topic comes closest to my problem. So, @iwgeric, if you wanna help… :wink:

When I start the app to run on my Ascend P6 it installs fine but when it launches it fails pretty much immediately saying MyGame had to be shut down.
I think the exception that causes the error is this:
[java]
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): FATAL EXCEPTION: GLThread 1926
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): java.lang.RuntimeException: createContext failed: EGL_BAD_CONFIG
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1316)
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.throwEglException(GLSurfaceView.java:1307)
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$EglHelper.start(GLSurfaceView.java:1157)
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(GLSurfaceView.java:1530)
E/AndroidRuntime(23001): at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(GLSurfaceView.java:1367)
W/ActivityManager( 453): Force finishing activity de.gallenberger.android.firsttest/.MainActivity
[/java]

If you wanna see the complete changelog with[java]
LogManager.getLogManager().getLogger("").setLevel(Level.ALL);
[/java]
you can see it there: http://pastebin.com/nGBydCPe

I first used JDK 7, but since there was someone having problems with it I now am using JDK 6.
Also I commented pretty much all the code of my application leaving only:
[java]
package mygame;

import com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication;

public class Main extends SimpleApplication {

public static void main(String[] args){
    System.out.println("heyho!");
}

@Override
public void simpleInitApp() {}

@Override
public void simpleUpdate(float tpf){}

}
[/java]

My phone is running on android 4.2.2, the android SDK has downloaded all 4.2.2 packages as well.
Don’t know what to add…

Thanks for any help or suggestions in advance!

I think there was a post with a similar issue that Eric fixed.
Did you try with the nightly build? I think it even make it to stable 3.0.2

@nehon
I assumed in order to be always up-to-date I just had to enable ‘jMonkeyEngine SDK Nightly (Breaks!)’ in Tools–>Plugins–>Settings.

Does that setting only count for plugins and therefore I need to redownload the SDK or am I up-to-date?
(I actually wondered this for quite a while :roll: )

The setting count for everything, that’s how you get nightly, so I guess this issue is yet to be resolved.

Can you check this post and tell me what version is shown on your screen?

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/crash-nexus-10-android-4-3/page/3/#post-246932

Looking for the Installed Version for the jMonkeyEngine3 Library.

@iwgeric said: Can you check this post and tell me what version is shown on your screen?

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/crash-nexus-10-android-4-3/page/3/#post-246932

Looking for the Installed Version for the jMonkeyEngine3 Library.

It’s 3.0.2…

@nehon

I don’t believe the fix was put into 3.0. The patch was checked into trunk.

@m41q

I’ll have to look into porting this fix to the 3.0 branch.

@m41q said: It's 3.0.2...

That seems to indicate that you don’t have “nightly” checked. Can you make sure that you have “stable” unchecked and “nightly” checked instead?

Just want to make sure that if you have Nightly checked, the issue goes away or not.

1 Like
@iwgeric said: That seems to indicate that you don't have "nightly" checked. Can you make sure that you have "stable" unchecked and "nightly" checked instead?

Just want to make sure that if you have Nightly checked, the issue goes away or not.

I had nightly as well as stable checked.
Now I unchecked stable and left nightly checked and it says ‘Your application is up to date!’

Well… if 3.0.2 is not the newest version I can still download the newest nightly manually.

@m41q

I put in some changes to a 3.0.3 update last night. Let me know if that helps.

2 Likes
@iwgeric said: @m41q

I put in some changes to a 3.0.3 update last night. Let me know if that helps.

Now it works, thank you!