(Febuary 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work, for very very little gain …

2 Likes

Nothing special here, just some new weapons…

9 Likes

PBR textures?

no.

CGA mode in my game (easter egg):

13 Likes

My new Inn

25 Likes

might just be me, but it looks excessively dark

1 Like

Looks great. PBR?

1 Like

Very nice and very dark.

1 Like

Really sorry about that. It seems it got darker after uploading to forum. The original png is the way brighter. (Maybe jme forum does some compression on png file)

I uploaded it to imgur and updated the link.

No, I am using regular Phong lighting with baked lightmap.

Not sure if gifs count as screenshots, let me know and I’ll take screenshots instead if necessary. First JME and 3D project using an engine, trying to learn all the JMEisms. You all have been a tremendous help. This is my application for designing/playing your board games with networked multiplayer.

7 Likes

Skullstone looks freaking awesome. Just checked out your videos on steam. Nice work FrozenShade.

Thanks, it costs me a lot of time to achieve current quality. Also my teammates did their best creating models and textures.

2 Likes

It really comes through. Saw your trailer as well nice work.

Yeah, I remember seeing tons of your posts from months back as you worked on the rendering pipeline. If I remember correctly, you rolled your own deferred shading pipeline, right?

Yes, I have deferred shading in my game. But that wasn’t so hard. As far as I remember the hardest thing for me was to understand how lighting and shadows works in JME and how they should work. Someone gave me a helpful hand (and his code) and that was a huge boost.

Continued improving my day/night and post processing

14 Likes

Just a little test bed game so I can test stuff in 2D before I throw it into a 3D world. It makes it easier for me to understand and see, as well as debug a throw-away app. Right now it’s flood-fill lighting, or cellular automata.

4 Likes

Not a screen shot… I’m taking a bit of a hiatus from game dev to deal with some crap at home…

But while cleaning the basement I dig deep into the archives. I have a habit of keeping the boxes that my hardware comes in and sometimes it ends up getting packed away… it leads to these boxes of pure nostalgia:

A 30 GB hard drive box right next to a 200 GB… and both fairly ridiculous by now. I still remember how good it felt to get that 30 GB one.

(I will still be saving the FF VII box… it’s in the wrong place as I have another box somewhere that I keep old game boxes flattened and stacked.)

7 Likes