[Fixed] SceneComposer: Node with CustomControl

Hello,

I’ve just created a CustomControl which I can add to a Node in the scene controller. In this control, I have 1 property. In the set method, I check the validity of the imput and I throw an IlligalArgumentException if it’s not correct. How do I set it up, so the SceneComposer actually does something with this exception?

[java]

public void setTemplate(String template) {

System.out.println("setting template " + template);

if (!categoryRoot.templateExists(new Template(template, null))) {

throw new IllegalArgumentException(“Template name " + template + " not found.”);

}

this.template = template;

}

[/java]

The thing is, I can’t see the System.out anywhere in the console either.

I’m trying to add debugging statements to my Control, but where can I find the output? I’m generating the debug info with System.out.println statement.

Maybe logging will be easier: https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:advanced:logging

All exceptions are shown in the SDK, either through a windows with the title “Error in Scene” or through a small warning sign in the lower right.

Ok, cause I managed to fix the problem with the error not being triggered. Simple case of 1 = in an if statement…

[java]

if (result = true)

[/java]

instead of

[java]

if (result == true)

[/java]

And now I can see I can get at the actual error through the icon in the bottom right. I can live with that, since it’s obvious something is not right when your change is undone the moment you press Enter.

@ractoc

You do not need to use == on booleans…

[java]

if(result){

doSomething();

}

[/java]

yeah, figured that out myself, and fixed it, I now do just the

[java]

if (result)

[/java]