Forgotten Flame

So I thought I would start documenting this project early. This game is going to be mainly focused on spelunking. So far I have implemented a basic cave generator. Here are a few pictures of it.

A view from outside a cave.

A view from within a cave.

Sorry for having the cubes multicolored but it was a quick fix to have descend depth perception for testing.

A decent start. It’s going to be a cube world?

Yes its going to be a cube world.

But anyways. I redid the cave generator. The last one was more of a diamond + pyramids on each end. This new one is more cylindrical.

A view inside a cave.

Camera is in the same spot but turned around.

A view from the outside of the cave. Notice the cylindrical shape.

I think somewhere I posted here how Mythruna’s cave generator works. I don’t remember which thread or maybe it was one of your threads. Might be worth looking at if I managed to make some sense. :slight_smile:

Yep pspeed it was me who made the topic. Just have been lazy and not worked on the project. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I have been slowly implementing a generator based on what you told me. I rewrote the entire generator AGAIN. Though I didn’t rewrite the structure of it I just rewrote the whole generation part. Added textures too, more pics.

A view from the inside.

A view from the outside.

In this new version I added support for much bigger caves. I made the cave generation on the X axis off of a function. I could also easily add the other axises (axi) (axis)(sic). Hopefully I won’t have to rewrite my generator to many more times. :wink:

FYI: axes = more than one axis

:slight_smile:

The absence of posting updates yesterday was because I was having trouble with making my generator. I did a lot of work on it. Here is the final product. (Excluding polishing)

A view from the outside

A view from inside a turn in the tunnel

And with adding lighting.

1 Like

Added a lantern. Pshht screw cubes being aligned. Though not sure if I am going to keep it that way.

Plus forgot to mention you can now remove blocks now too.