Forum Downtime

Please accept our apologies for the downtime. All problems have been resolved and we are hoping to learn from the steps that lead to this hiccup to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

Regards,
Jmonkey Team.

15 Likes

Well, c’est la vie, worse things happen at the sea. The good news is that I can use my Google account to log in again.

Thanks, @jayfella and all the jME team.

Great news at least :wink:

Well, as i seen in popular Forum down? · Issue #1162 · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

its about someone not pay “on-time” or just not pay.

But im not sure what happened that it work? suddenly someone paid?

I think there should be some “save plan” if something happend to this people so community could rebuild this Hub.

The problem with “open source” is that it’s not uncommon for team members to take extended leave. I had a wild ride for 3 days straigh trying to find some way to get around it. I genuinely feed drained. Thankfully with literally hours to spare it all paid off and we’re back in action. What a time to be alive.

7 Likes

so i understand in last hours of “loose all hub configuration/files” someone from Teammembers paid :slight_smile:

I think we should just discuss how to avoid situations like this in future. This was very serious situation.

I emailed digital ocean about 6 times asking to continue the sponsorship or at least let me pay the bill (I don’t have permission to do that, yet I have every other permission :man_shrugging:). Finally they gave us lifetime sponsorship, so it’s not an issue anymore.

7 Likes

did Digital Ocean really just give us “lifetime sponsorship”?

Probably they seen u writing a lot of times, so you did a great job. I wonder if they will want their logo somewhere

thats a great news, but anyway we should have some more “backups of both files/data”. I seen there are on amazon, but just Data backup right? it would be fine to just have files backup too.

Again anyway, great job!

@jayfella and @nehon millions of thanks for saving the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Looking at the logs and speaking to @nehon I believe he paid the outstanding bill which triggered the sponsorship, so thanks to Remy, too :heart:

14 Likes