Forum eating posts (that quote other posts? maybe)

Like the title says… no clue why it happens, however… once it does, you get the “You just posted that, FOOL!” message if you try and repost the same message.

In what thread? probably an abusive spam issue

I updated the spam blocker plugin in the hope to fix this… No other idea about this atm.

Seems like it swallowed posts again, I’ll try and disable it for now… Please report excessive spam in a separate thread (most spam is replies to existing threads).

1 Like

I cleaned up a bunch of posts this morning with real spam. It seems the spam blocker is less efficient than before. But if that fixes the issue it’s fine. I’d rather make some cleanup here and there than loosing real users answer.

It would be great if there was a system where you could delegate the spam tagging to some|all users. Then a petsonal setting to hide|show those. Then the spam cops would have an easier time I think. Anyone know if such system exists or have experience with it?

@nehon said: I cleaned up a bunch of posts this morning with real spam. It seems the spam blocker is less efficient than before. But if that fixes the issue it's fine. I'd rather make some cleanup here and there than loosing real users answer.

Nah, its disabled now. And yes, it did catch quite a bit of spam before.

@jmaasing said: It would be great if there was a system where you could delegate the spam tagging to some|all users. Then a petsonal setting to hide|show those. Then the spam cops would have an easier time I think. Anyone know if such system exists or have experience with it?

You can report users, the thing is they get added to a list that grows by 100s of users daily anyway, nobody has the time to check all these :confused:

I just realized Erlend disabled WangGuard, the problem was Akismet though. Re-enabled WangGuard now, maybe it keeps off some of the forum spam still.

Yeah I guess. I noticed nehon cleaning up this morning, happened to refresh the forum as it happened. Just thought it would be nice if there was a system that could let the community help clean up individual posts, sort of tag “this post is probably spam”. Like the thumbs up rating buttons but another finger :wink: