Forums search?

Hello,

I seem to remember there was a “Forums” option in the search field, not so long ago. Is it still possible to search the forum’s content (not just the titles) ?

This was an invaluable learning tool.

Tks,

-z

It was never possible to search more than the titles with that box thats why I changed the name but you can search with the google search box below the login:

There is another problem with the search.

The Page-navigation of the Search doesn’t work right. If you click at “2” you don’t get to the second page of the search results, you get to the second page of the “latest topics”.

You can only get to the second page if you manually add “&p=2” to the URL.

OK, thks for the explanation.

-z

Would it be worth/possible to have forum search from the top bar just fire off the google search? The one at the top is much easier to see/find than the google one if you don’t know the second one is there…

@zarch said:
Would it be worth/possible to have forum search from the top bar just fire off the google search? The one at the top is much easier to see/find than the google one if you don't know the second one is there...

Yeah I tried that but it didn't turn out well, the google search JS always messes up the layout when I insert it in places that are accessible via WP hooks.