Frustrated user needs help

Hi there,

as you can see I don't know where to hit my head, in the case I wanted to use a GUI with JME. Have downloaded the jars of BUI and FengGUI, but there's no documentation around. Then I read in this forum about another GUI called JMEDesktop, ok, let's try it. www.google.com… jmedesktop… mmm… ok, try with "jmedesktop download"… mmm  :? OK… let me use the search function of this forum… nothing again! Please… is there a link for downloading this GUI?? I've abandoned every hope to get some docs also for JMEDesktop but I want to play with it anyway.

thanks

JMEDesktop is already included in your jme :slight_smile:

Just look in the package

com.jmex.awt.swingui

You can also look at a testclass:

TestJMEDesktop

dou! thanks. I thought it could be, but I searched JMEDesktop in http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/doc/overview-summary.html and found nothing.

and… about some docs? or code that I can see?

mmm… I cannot find com.jmex.awt.swingui nor TestJMEDesktop. are they in the cvs?

package com.jmex.awt.swingui;

they are there

as for documentation, you need to have a look at the code itself

i recomments the TestJMEDesktop class

sorry man, I don't want to be annoying but I've extracted all the jars in the jme.zip and searched the class TestJMEDesktop with no results. I also looked the structure of the package and in comjmex there are these directories:

effetcs

model

sound

terrain

no awt… where is the error  :?

edit: I put the row:

import com.jmex.awt.swingui.;

and infact I got the error:

Test.java:16: package com.jmex.awt.swingui does not exist

import com.jmex.awt.swingui.
;

^

1 error

I think that JMEDesktop is not included in the lastest official release i.e. 0.9 if that's what you're using.

It definitely resides in the CVS though, and probably in the nightly build too.

prowler7, you got it! now I have my beloved (hope) classes. thanks everybody