Fullscreen in app.setSettings vs settings window

The default BasicGame has a settings window. In my game, I don’t want this settings window. So to get around it, I set app.showSettings = false; and create an AppSettings object and use it to set the settings. I am able to get this part to work fine, and I can set settings such as Width, Height, etc.

I also want my game to be fullscreen. Using the default settings window, if I check the “Fullscreen” checkbox, the “Screen Resolution” option automatically gets set to fit the actual screen size (1280 x 1024 on my monitor).

However, if I set “Fullscreen” to true in the AppSettings object, It still launches in fullscreen, but it doesn’t seem like it is automatically setting the screen resolution, because the game is blurry.

Is there a way to get automatic display resolution detection for fullscreen to work without needing the settings window?

The app settings dialog does it automatically because it looked up the settings and found something appropriate.

You would have to do something similar to set a proper width/height… fortunately that code is easy to find.

1 Like

@pspeed Where would I find that code?

In the app settings dialog code.

I don’t really have time to teach you how to find the git link at the top of this page and search for stuff… hopefully you can figure that out. Or just hit the right key in the SDK.

1 Like

Ok. I’ll be able to find that code. Thanks, and keep up the great work!