gBUI compiling on linux?

I'm curious if anyone has gotten it to work.

I've followed the guide on the wiki on jmE and at http://code.google.com/p/gbui/wiki/CreatingYourJmeInterfaceUsingGbui1

Step 1.5.1 is where it all goes down hill.  I get about 100 errors, all of which point to a missing BStylesheet - cannot resolve, cannot resolve type, missing methods, etc.  It has the Groovy nature and bins properly selected.  When it went to build it asked me if I wanted to build the classes and I said yes - so it should have.

The only thing I did differently was command line checkout via subversion (linux) and changing the lwjgl native libs to linux instead of win32.  Everything else worked fine, except those errors.  It seems groovy isn't compiling or generating class files.  (Latest gBUI and jME2.)

Curious if this seems to be a linux issue, or something else.  Is there perhaps a way to manually force groovy to compile the classes?

It could be a linux issue, but I think there's something else going on.  I'll pull down a new vmware instance without groovy nor intellij on it and run the compile and see what happens.  I've not had any problems on my GG Ubuntu flavor.

To compile by "forcing," you could run ant from cli "ant compile" and see if that does what you need it to.  It's going to be another hour before I'm able to get the vmware instance running (I'm running a job right now for a client.)

If I used Eclipse I could tell you better what you might need to look for.

I'll get an answer for you as soon as this job is completed.

Running Ubuntu 8.04 myself.  The command line compile did work, but loading eclipse afterwards still shows the same errors.

oni5115 said:

Running Ubuntu 8.04 myself.  The command line compile did work, but loading eclipse afterwards still shows the same errors.

Interesting... well, I'll have to follow the tutorial on Eclipse now to see what's going on with it.  Unfortunately, I had to upgrade my VMWare (not b/c of this, for other reasons) so I'm waiting for that to finish installing now.

I will warn you that I don't use Eclipse and when I have used it it's been for checking freemarker code (before the IntelliJ freemarker plugin).  I've never used it for development, so there's a chance that I won't be able to figure out the answer.

I'll get this looked at as soon as the VMWare upgrade is complete.

timo