Google play services integration- authorization error

I’m trying to integrate google play services in to my game (for achievements and leaderboards). i followed these instructions to authorize my app to use play services: Google Play গেম পরিষেবাগুলি সেট আপ করা হচ্ছে৷  |  Play Games Services  |  Google for Developers

upon trying to test my game and connecting to google play services i get this error

E/GooglePlayServicesUtil( 3901): The Google Play services resources were not found. Check your project configuration to ensure that the resources are included. . . . E/SignInIntentService( 427): Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project. E/SignInIntentService( 427): exf E/SignInIntentService( 427): at eqf.a(SourceFile:146) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at dvu.a(SourceFile:580) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at dvu.a(SourceFile:561) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at duh.a(SourceFile:850) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at eyj.a(SourceFile:251) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at com.google.android.gms.games.service.GamesSignInIntentService.onHandleIntent(SourceFile:390) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at android.app.IntentService$ServiceHandler.handleMessage(IntentService.java:59) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:132) E/SignInIntentService( 427): at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)

i double checked the instructions and went through this troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting Issues in Your Android Game  |  Play Games Services  |  Google for Developers

my guess to the issue is that when testing from the IDE, the debug version doesnt get signed with the key thats used for the release version. The troubleshooting guide kind of explains how to use the actual key, but using a different alias (androiddebugkey ). i’d like to try that. but imt not quite sure how to pass in a different certificate for debugging inside of jmonkey… the only thing i know how to do is to add the key to use for the release build inside of the Android Properties file… or alternatively see what key is used for the debug build so i can enter that in to the google website… or alternatively, test using the release version isntead of the debug version (is this even possible?, is there any reason i wouldnt want to do that?)

does anyone know how to do this? or what I’m supposed to do to make this work?

It’s not as much a one-click solution, but you can:

1. Clean & Build the project (using your release key)
  2. Move the APK to the device
  3. Make sure your device allows installs from unknown locations (under developer options, in settings)
  4. Install locally

It takes a couple more seconds than running the debug apk, however, you only need to do this while testing Play Services login. Then just comment out the actually login call and continue to developer your game as normal.

i guess thats what ill have to do then. thanks tonegod.

i guess a nice feature to add for a future version of the jmonkey sdk would be to let us provide a release key and a debug key instead of just a release key in the android properties file so then then we could link the debug key to the google developer console with the release key.

@icamefromspace said: i guess thats what ill have to do then. thanks tonegod.

i guess a nice feature to add for a future version of the jmonkey sdk would be to let us provide a release key and a debug key instead of just a release key in the android properties file so then then we could link the debug key to the google developer console with the release key.

The build file / android project is created by the android SDK, maybe theres already some variable you can set, idk. I guess they would document such stuff somewhere :wink: