Got a NumberFormatException while installed on android

Hi , could anyone give me some key ? I can’t search any solution for my encounter .

I have set up all things and exported an debug.apk and a release-signed.apk . But when I run these apk programs in the emulator , I got the info as below:

GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the OpenGL ES renderer!:java.lang…

Exception throw in Thread[GLThread 79,5,main]:

at com.jme3.renderer.android.OGLESContext.initlnThread(265)

at com.jme3.system.android.GLSL and OpenGL2 is requared for the OpenGL ES renderer!:java.lang…

OGLESContex.onSurfaceCreated(217);

at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(1446)

at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(1216);

However,when I install it on my moto xt910 , it shows as below :

it shows in the mobile program.

Invalid float:“1.8@796887”:java.lang.NumberFormatException

Exception throw in Thread[GLThread 325,5,main]:

at java.lang.StringToReal.invalidReal(63)

at java.lang.StringToReal.parseFloat(310)

at java.lang.Float.parseFloat(300);

at com.jme3.render.android.OGLESShaderRender.initialize(198)

at com.jme3.system.android.OGLESContext.initlnThread(265)

at com.jme3.system.android.OGLESContext.onSurfaceCreated(217)

at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.guardedRun(1471);

at android.opengl.GLSurfaceView$GLThread.run(1241);

Is it something lack for the openGL ES ? I have no idea how it caused and how to solve it .

Thanks a lot if anyone can give me some tips~

do you use JME3 rc2?

I remember of an issue like that in beta or RC1. But it was fixed

1 Like

Thank you , nehon . While I use rc2 , it really works ! I can go next step now . Thanks ~

Not certain if this is the right place to post this. I have been wrestling with the parse exception on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. The version string extracted in the OGLESShaderRenderer method extractVersion runs into trouble when the Galaxy returns “3.1V@1.4” or something similar (working from memory). I finally resolved it by rolling my own branch of that class, checking for and removing any characters beyond the V. I am sure this is a fragile solution, but I wanted to let others know this can be a problem as I failed to find a solution in the forums that addressed this particular point. Good luck, J

This issue is probably fixed in jME 3.1 - which has much better Android support than 3.0.