Gradle "dependency resolution error"

Last update of gradle caused unusual error and I have no idea how to fix it. :frowning: Unfortunately I can not continue work over my project with no possibility of testing on android - it makes build crash.

Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)

Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIIndex found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIIndexList found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIJunk found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIMainHeader found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIMovieList found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIStreamFormat found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIStreamHeader found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$AVIStreamList found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.MjpegFileWriter$RIFFHeader found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState$1 found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState$IsoTimer found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState$VideoProcessor found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState$VideoProcessor$1 found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)
Duplicate class com.jme3.app.state.VideoRecorderAppState$WorkItem found in modules jme3-android-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-android:3.2.1-stable) and jme3-desktop-3.2.1-stable.jar (org.jmonkeyengine:jme3-desktop:3.2.1-stable)

Go to the documentation to learn how to Fix dependency resolution errors.

Thanks for any help

Donā€™t include the desktop jar in the android build.
Donā€™t include the android jar in the desktop build.

O.K. but I didnā€™t change anything in settings / dependencies. What happened? Where to find this?

You said ā€œlatest update of gradleā€ but Iā€™m not sure what you mean by that. Whatever you did you could undo. But in reality you should only be including the necessary dependencies anyway. Thereā€™s no need to include the desktop jar on Android, it will just bloat your jar, and thereā€™s no telling if youā€™re depending on desktop methods that shouldnā€™t be used on Android.

I guess the easiest way is to use desktop on a debug build and Android on a release build.

I mean, if it were me, Iā€™d try to do something like:

• /MyCoolGame
    • /android
    • /desktop
    • /common

ā€¦or something. Then the common code goes in common and depends on jme-core. desktop depends on common and jme-desktop, android depends on common and jme-android.

But Iā€™ve also never built for android before. It just seems likely to me that the android/build.gradle file will be very different from the simpler desktop/build.gradle

Thanks guys. Now I just have something like below and still dont know whats going on:

Android resource linking failed

C:\Users\Laptop HP.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\JME-Example-master\android\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values-v28\values-v28.xml:7: error: resource android:attr/dialogCornerRadius not found.
C:\Users\Laptop HP.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\JME-Example-master\android\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values-v28\values-v28.xml:11: error: resource android:attr/dialogCornerRadius not found.
C:\Users\Laptop HP.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\JME-Example-master\android\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values\values.xml:2611: error: resource android:attr/fontVariationSettings not found.
C:\Users\Laptop HP.jmonkeyplatform\assetpacks\JME-Example-master\android\build\intermediates\incremental\mergeDebugResources\merged.dir\values\values.xml:2612: error: resource android:attr/ttcIndex not found.
error: failed linking references.