Grammatical Fixes in jMP Installer

There were a few things irking me in the jMonkeyPlatform installer, such as “Hello to jMonkeyPlatform…”, so I changed those sorts of issues and added a description for the application. Just adds a bit more polish, nothing is functionally different.

[patch]

This patch file was generated by NetBeans IDE

It uses platform neutral UTF-8 encoding and n newlines.

— Base (BASE)

+++ Locally Modified (Based On LOCAL)

@@ -1,16 +1,16 @@

WP.title={product-name} Introduction

-WP.description={product-name} is a really good app

+WP.description={product-name} is a game development environment for jMonkeyEngine 3

WP.welcome.text=<html>

•    &lt;h1&gt;Hello to {product-name} Installer Wizard&lt;/h1&gt;&lt;br&gt;<br />

•    &lt;h1&gt;Welcome to the {product-name} Installer Wizard&lt;/h1&gt;&lt;br&gt;<br />

This program will install {product-name} application on your computer.<br><br>

Click Next to continue.

WP.already.installed.text=<html>

-<h1>Hello to {product-name} Installer Wizard</h1><br>

+<h1>Welcome to the {product-name} Installer Wizard</h1><br>

{0} is already installed at {1}.<br>It is not possible to install it again.<br><br>

Click Exit to close this wizard.

WP.already.installed.next.button.text=&Exit

WP.incompatible.platform.text=<html>

-<h1>Hello to {product-name} Installer Wizard</h1><br>

+<h1>Welcome to the {product-name} Installer Wizard</h1><br>

The {0} installer was not designed to run on this operating system so it is not possible to install it.

Please run the installer for the appropriate platform.<br><br>

Click Exit to close this wizard.

[/patch]

1 Like

@sbook:Sorry! I went to rate your post with “+1” but my mouse clicked in -1 :(. Can you reverse it? It never happened with me before :|.

topic off:You had 16 before, so you have to have +1 more(17) now :D.

Edit: you already rated :(.

glaucomardano said:
@sbook:Sorry! I went to rate your post with "+1" but my mouse clicked in -1 :(. Can you reverse it? It never happened with me before :|.

Hah no problem, it looks like the negative is not there though. Perhaps try upping it again? Thaks for the support :)
glaucomardano said:
topic off:You had 16 before, so you have to have +1 more(17) now :D.
Edit: you already rated :(.

Unrated it, I was just curious if there was a bug in the site's rating system that we should be looking into.. I don't work very fast from my phone's browser ;)
1 Like

Perhaps more important than my rating is that when I posted the patch it seems to have included markup from the onHover definitions… :confused: @normen, we should look at this

No, there aren’t any bug in your site about it :). I tried rate at first post again, but it is not possible. Then now i rated your post above and it works :D.

This was committed a few days ago with r7843

I will have to move this patch to my own NetBeans install anyway as the installer creator does not use the projects harness dir for this (wtf?) but the harness inside the NetBeans version one is using to create the installer (my own NetBeans 7.0 in this case). The harness dir in the sdk folder is not used, its only a backup of the fixes I made to the installer really.

Ah weird… is that because we’re packaging our own build of NetBeans or is that for anything using the platform?

The harness directory is part of the “netbeans base” that one uses to build a netbeans app. When you create a new plugin or w/e its normally using the harness that comes with the NetBeans / jMP or w/e you use. When you specify another base for the application, then the harness in that folder is used. The only exception is the installer creator… I really don’t know why its in the harness dir when its not used as part of the app harness… But thats universal in the NetBeans universe, yeah.